Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

vivaro and traffic can be tetchy with snide keys , the key fails on one works on next , no rhyme or reason , just the pitfalls of snide , i only use oem on these so never get issues.

AD have changed in recent years , prior to smart pro release much of the now paid for pin reading was free as part of the unit , now smart pro is out they have made alot of once free functions now use tokens , as customers desert them i suspect they have sought these underhanded means to get some pennies in . in recent times they have lost their position with even china surpassing them in many areas , sad to see but life. despite this their arrogance hasnt depleted .

2 tokens on fiat is a joke , especially as avdi , truecode and even china have more reliable coverage and token free even zedfull has wider coverage for far cheaper tokens , once upon a time the dearest used to be the best , sadly this is no longer the case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (14th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hence the VVDI2 and other tools on my shopping list Rapid. Not a big fan of Chinese gear but AD and Abrites have left customers/potential customers with no choice only to look elsewhere.

A fiver a token you could live with but we live in a competitive environment and AD need to appreciate that and look at their price structure £20 a token is a rip off. Fair use on a monthly deal is a joke also 2 tokens a day won’t return anything after overheads like time, diesel, price of keys, insurance etc I might as well work for AD direct. As for Abrites it’s a fortune to buy, support is crap and they’re out for every cent they can get.

MVP is a decent tool but they’re taking the piss. As a newbie I thought I could live with tokens but as time moves on my eyes are getting opened daily and a lot of developers are out for every ounce of flesh they can get.

TDB1000 is decent but very hit or miss on some. Truecode looks like a decent token free option and I like the idea of adding modules at a reasonable price without being bent over.

I read and learn daily and wondered why you kept pushing token free options. I see now why your so against token tools as developers are in it for everything they can get and have no moral obligation to their customer base what-so-ever.

I’m sure MVP owes AD nothing as it’s been out for years on a worldwide stage however they still continue to squeeze....

Careful token free purchases is where I’m headed and hope to claw investment back over a period
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 14th July, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

the irony of course is had AD and their distributors not sold the dream to so many to sell more kit , then their customers would be busier and tokens wouldnt be a problem for them , the failures that still take a token are another matter.

unlimited token plans id say are being miss sold , as a 2 token a day limit is a long long way from ulimitted tokens , so unlimitted should be unlimited if thats what they sell it as . typical smoke and mirrors and marketting puff.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

100% with you on this. I have unlimited broadband in the house it doesn’t shut off because I’ve watched too many YouTube movies. It also has a fair usage policy but doesn’t bend you over if you’ve went a bit overboard. 2 tokens a day is no use to anyone just glad I didn’t do the annual subscription.

I know one guy has over 60 tokens in his MVP and another with over 40 neither have used a token in over a year. If £5 a pop maybe they would have. Stupid overcharging on AD’s part I think 🤔
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 14th July, 2019 at 07:48 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Ive had a similar problem with a megane 2. ended up unplugging car battery for a few minutes, then trying again and it worked without an issue. Once had it with a vivaro where fvdi couldnt read pin. again, battery off, then worked

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergio101 For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (14th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks mate I’ll try battery reset also 👍🏻

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

where does it say limited to 2 a day ? suggests as many as you like https://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics...tokens_utp.php

the bit that says "
    • No extra costs as work increases or extra contracts won
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 15th July, 2019 at 12:14 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,903 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    the irony of course is had AD and their distributors not sold the dream to so many to sell more kit , then their customers would be busier and tokens wouldnt be a problem for them , the failures that still take a token are another matter.

unlimited token plans id say are being miss sold , as a 2 token a day limit is a long long way from ulimitted tokens , so unlimitted should be unlimited if thats what they sell it as . typical smoke and mirrors and marketting puff.
    Thank you for this discussion. Vivaro with te2ch is possible to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
    100% with you on this. I have unlimited broadband in the house it doesn’t shut off because I’ve watched too many YouTube movies. It also has a fair usage policy but doesn’t bend you over if you’ve went a bit overboard. 2 tokens a day is no use to anyone just glad I didn’t do the annual subscription.

I know one guy has over 60 tokens in his MVP and another with over 40 neither have used a token in over a year. If £5 a pop maybe they would have. Stupid overcharging on AD’s part I think 樂
    This is the current topic for me in 2022.10.
    508 9HD 1.6 HDI_SID807_BR2 ( 19 Faults )

today
    Subaru Forester 1999 sync. A pair of H44H and F93C46 is required.

A topic that interests me
    EDC16 CP39 need ASAP2, ols, a2l, kp map

I can not find the description .... Lucas EPIC I. II and III

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

I called the company I got the deal from as went to update MVP the next day after the deal was up as tokens were wiped. You get a txt message the day it finishes to renew subscription.

They told me AD operate a fair usage policy of 2 tokens a day. He explained because I burnt more then I ate into my 19 tokens within the month. He went onto say that it was a monthly deal yes but it wasn’t necessarily based on time but usage. That’s why I called them. Either he’s bullshitting or this is the policy.

Either one wouldn’t surprise me to be honest

Like a lot of unlimited deals there can be clauses.

Like you said earlier once the smart pro came out changes were made to MVP token usage for pin etc. I never knew about this until a few days ago
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 15th July, 2019 at 07:53 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    where does it say limited to 2 a day ? suggests as many as you like https://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics...tokens_utp.php

the bit that says "
    • No extra costs as work increases or extra contracts won
    hickleys own advertising contradicts this , it clearly states " no extra costs as work increases or extra contracts won " this clearly states that you will not be charged any extra " if hickleys was your supplier this statement alone should get you your tokens reinbursed.

on the smart pro listing it does say terms apply but no link to the terms , but it does not state this on mvp

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

There’s terms attached to every contract and the guy on the phone didn’t want to know or couldn’t be arsed looking into it. I’ll stick 20 tokens into MVP for back up and hopefully it’ll gather dust in the back of the van while I continue to gather up token free gear.

Hopefully once the smart pro fad has settled down AD will look at their token policy and adjust rates. It’s the old scenario sell loads sell cheaper at the end of the day the software on MVP is not getting updated anymore so why pay same price as smart pro for tokens ?

I’ve been in business a long time and discovered a few valuable lessons:

Cash flow is everything

You can’t sell a pint of milk for a tenner when the shop next door charges 50p

Reward loyal customers

Listen to your customers

Never be arrogant or think your the only show in town

They’ll learn these lessons the hard way and when they do it’ll damage their reputation and finances

It’s their funeral

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

AD were always a trusted and stable supplier , until the corperates get involved , now silca own them we see all these changes . i fear that even if they halved prices they would not get their customers back , china have left them behind on coverage and are far cheaper on token free machines , i think the road back to the top for them is not a managable one.

reading across the net they are not the company they once were , there coverage and their reputation was dented when they fell behind , but no where near as much as when they released smart pro a work in progress at best .

the irony of course is that greg who owns diagnostic box and tdb1000 which is gathering a sound reputation was the owner of AD before the sale back when AD had a fine reputation .

tokens are generally cheaper at hickleys show than at any other show , they are always at their best price at the hickleys show as well as all their other offerings , trouble is the show is next weekend .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

You’ve seen this all before but to me this is all a bit alien. I’ve never seen any suppliers or anyone association with suppliers in any other trade treating customers like this.

If it was say a welding supply company the distributor would bin them in a heartbeat and bring another supplier in.

In this game the supply chain and some distributors treat their customers with so much contempt it beggars belief.

TDB1000 might be far from perfect but it’s token free and by the looks of things Greg is grafter and listens to his customer base. I believe this tool will come good for these reasons

Be no Hickleys show for me this year as flying over to lift VVDI tool. To be honest I’m not that fussed on going as I’m sure it’ll be a hard sell set up.

Sights are set now so trying not to get distracted VVDI2, Truecode, Tango and get the rest of Lishi collection. By the time I learn these I’ll be ready to retire as well
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 15th July, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

in fairness its a very laid back show with a good social side and if in market for anything hickleys sell its the cheapest prices , lots of demo and training , as far as small shows go it is a very good event .

last year tokens were £5 each , this year £7.50 each at show so im thinking AD feeling pinch

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Maybe next year Rapid

Hope your right about AD a bit of a squeeze and they might start acting without arrogance. I’d say tokens will be on offer on their website during the show days.

Hope so I’ll top up then 👍🏻
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 15th July, 2019 at 07:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast