Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Default 2005 Vauxhall Vivario

Hello

Struggling a bit with this one. Spare key job and don’t want to burn tokens on MVP. It’s not the key as tried 3 but saying failed.

Have done loads of these 2006-2012 but 2005 and below pose problems for some reason.

Limited tools for this Xtool 100 pad 2 failed under Renault Trafic

FVDI failed under Vauxhall Vivario

Client took van away as in a hurry so limited testing he’s bringing it back on Monday

Tools:
    FVDI 2014
    Xtool pad 2
    SBB
    CK100

Not a big lot to do these until I get Truecode ordered. Has anyone done this year with any of the crap above ?

If so under what make/menu ?

Thanks in advance 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

fvdi will do it. whats the error?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to paul_12345 For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (12th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Truecode does them also Renault ecu tool does lots of Renaults models the choice is yours have you got the proper 2 big buttons remote key for it .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertre For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks

Fvdi does some of these it’s just 2005 and older it doesn’t seem to do. Fault code says something like “failed conditions not meet”

Yes proper keys 2 button done loads of these with same keys.

Bought VVDI2 yesterday Truecode is next on list. Last time I had a problem with a 2004 Vivario nothing I had would do it so had to use MVP pro 😬

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,942 Posts

What key you use? ID46? DId you scan and clear all DTC?

Renault system, when dtc occure, key programming fail.
    Last edited by lion0304; 12th July, 2019 at 10:01 PM.
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lion0304 For This Useful Post:

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Yes use Hitag 46 ( 7946 ) key new and not locked ( x 3 )

Was trying to go in as started van a few times but no remote function. Checked frequency all good.

Didn’t check DTC’s as no lights on dash

I have done younger Vivario with FVDI 2014 no problem seems to be it struggles with older models like 2005.

I’ll check DTC’s and try Renault Master, Nissan Primastar, Renault Trafic and Vauxhall Vivario settings with FVDI when van comes back.

Maybe even opcom if I can pull pin with FVDI?

One of these will hopefully do it

Same system as 2012 etc that work ok just struggle with this year 😬

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

burning tokens on mvp can be cheaper than allocating more time to this , visits cost money as well as time , so burning a token would probably have worked out cheaper , some economy measures prove to be a false economy .

have you locked 3 keys so they cant be reused ? , is battery voltage good , did you try turning hazzards on .

the list of what is wrong is almost endless , wiring issues , ecu issue , ring issue , fuse issue , dtc preventing programming , and so on , then also throw in the mix the kit you are using having issues on these or a bad batch of keys if aftermarket , so many possibilities .

read dtc to see whats going on then clear dtc and try again

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

godfathertre (13th July, 2019), Jimmy07 (13th July, 2019), Manta1600 (13th July, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,942 Posts

I have Scenic 2005 card last week, a friend try add spare card without succes. So he sent to me.

I've tried with Xpad 2, Truecode, FVDI all failed. So i've made a scan. All modules are detected excepted Ecu.

Car start OK with 1 card.
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lion0304 For This Useful Post:

Jimmy07 (13th July, 2019), Manta1600 (13th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thanks for replies 👍🏻

I’ll get van next week and run through everything to see if it’ll go in. Keys are definitely not locked and frequency tested.

Done a 2006 one on Friday with xtool straight in and just posted to see if there were issues with 2005 model like a rouge ECU.

Worse case I’ll buy more tokens for the MVP 😬😬
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 13th July, 2019 at 10:10 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy07 View Post
    Thanks for replies 

I’ll get van next week and run through everything to see if it’ll go in. Done a 2006 one on Friday with xtool straight in and just posted to see if there were issues with 2005 model like a rouge ECU.

Worse case I’ll buy more tokens for the MVP 
    How much will cost tokens for this job?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Manta

It’s not the price of the token. Last time I got a monthly unlimited token deal. They don’t tell you you are limited to 2 tokens a day so I had 19 tokens on MVP and it sucked them out as well within the same month. Apparently it’s not based on time but usage within the month. So 19 tokens up in smoke. That month cost over £500

MVP is out of tokens and I’d rather put money towards Truecode.

AD are robbing b@@@ards so quite frankly I’d rather eat dog shit.

Not worth buying more tokens at this stage for 1 job and job is for a mate so no profit in it.
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 13th July, 2019 at 10:09 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy07 For This Useful Post:

Manta1600 (13th July, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

if not now locked then the keys didnt get as far as registering , was pin accepted ? i ask as you say the key started the van a few times which would suggest that the key was coded or partially coded which means it will now be locked to this van . if pin was accepted then you at least know obd comms is ok as read the pin , downside is you may have locked all 3 keys you tried to this van.

what process did you follow , did you program the existing key first or did you code the new key first , on some this can be the difference between it succeeding and failing .

some in past have had issues coding these with AD if using smart dongle but goes in fine on dongle A

some just dont like aftermarket keys , had aftermarket fail and genuine go straight in but same aftermarket worked on next van .

did you try programming your new key on its own and programming his key on its own as well , this will help id if a key fault or possible system fault and kit issue.

the fact he was in a hurry and drove away with his original key suggests you didnt get into programming mode at all as his key wasnt erased .

when you get it back , read and clear dtc , put battery pack on as voltage can be critical then put hazzards on , sit inside and close doors then try coding both keys again , if this fails try just coding your key , if this fails try just coding his key , if this fails its testing units and ariel then consider better equipment .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Thanks for reply 👍🏻👍🏻

Neither xtool or FVDI asked for pin to program key on this. Xtool bypassed pin FVDI never asked for it and was able to put original back in with no pin.

Really weird one with xtool the original did delete then went back in but new key failed. Tried new key by itself said not programmed started van but no remote functionality. Changed keys said both original and new were programmed original knocked out new key worked no remote again. Changed to FVDI under Vauxhall Vivario and Renault Trafic same sort of results. Tested keys afterwards saying not locked and frequently ok.

Must be the van but don’t understand why I was able to put his original key back in with working remote before he drove off ?

Maybe aftermarket key as you suggested ?

Done a dozen or so 2006-12 no issues that’s why I was wondering is this year problematic.
    I’ll try all you suggested next week see if there’s a way round it.

This year has given me grief in the past and MVP done it just principle and pig headedness kicking in about having to buy tokens 🤬🤬😡
    Last edited by Jimmy07; 14th July, 2019 at 02:03 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

so your problem looks to be the keys you are using . forget blaming the van and kit.

if original programs back in fine after being knocked out but the new key does not then theres nothing wrong with the van , and its not likely to be your kit , it can only be the key that the system does not like . this happens alot with snide keys , try an original key and i suspect all will be fine.

no point in having mvp as a back up unit with no utp or tokens on it , its a back up unit at best with tokens on it , if not loading it up then may as well get rid and reinvest

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Hi Rapid

Yes starting to think van doesn’t like the snide key fresher models I’ve never had this problem.

Your right about MVP I’ll bite the bullet and top it up just really pissed off AD knocked 19 tokens out without saying so upfront. I got the monthly deal to experiment with MVP but didn’t realise fair usage was only 2 tokens a day. Bit pathetic considering the likes of Fiat you burn 2 tokens to do 1 car.

MVP is good but like you say only for back up and I’d use it for some remote programming.

Have put a deposit down on VVDI2 and am flying to England to pick it up before the end of the month idea being the distributor can activate it prior to pick up and I’ll get a days training threw in.

Next purchase is Truecode then Tango but as I’ve said before jobs will pay for these so it’ll be Truecode end if next month and Tango at End of September.

Still have a long list but getting there and Lishi is very much high priority just now so building up my collection and training myself as I go

Thanks for all your advice to date 👍🏻👍🏻

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast