Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

1. The BDM frame you posted here has been delivered to others (like on the photos on ebay) with unsoldered BDM adapters!!! So you will have to assemble them yourself (almost impossible to get them straight!
    2. Even if your A2 went well it does not mean your tool is OK. Thats a special feature of chinese clone tools ;-) (sometimes good sometimes bad)
    3. Did you try the SLOW (RECOVERY) mode from MPPS? Just try to flash your original file as slow as you can! (Maybe takes 30 minutes)
    4. Do you get any error when you try to flash? (Nobody was able to view your first photos!)
    5. Listen more to the people on this forum ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I will help you out if i can. Please Thx or Rep if i did so ;-) ---- Im using KessV2, KTag and Galletto ---- But still learning with my buddy's cars ;-)
    ------- Helpful tuning tools: Read The Rules Please --------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spacie2136 For This Useful Post:

gidi19 (18th July, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,234 Posts

Also needen good power source.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Keep getting 'condition not correct' message no matter which file I try to write. Have the cAr connected to a car battery and laptop plugged in, also tried writing in slow mode. None of it works.IMG-20190717-WA0012.jpg

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    253 Posts

Yes only method is BDM full backup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

@Junkyard Dog,
    why did this happen? I know he flashed bad software version.... but why is it not possible to flash correct one now? Immo?
    I will help you out if i can. Please Thx or Rep if i did so ;-) ---- Im using KessV2, KTag and Galletto ---- But still learning with my buddy's cars ;-)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,234 Posts

There can be so much reasons for clone tools...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lambda1 For This Useful Post:

Junkyard Dog (18th July, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    253 Posts

Because is better work with Kess,Ktag maybe Galletto... MPPS is sh*t + EDC16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So started to remove the ECU using the following instructions.

1. take out both wipers
    2. take out rubber seal
    3. remove plastic that captures water from windshield (remove to windshield as the water hoses for windshield nozels are atached)
    4. remove central metal protection unbolting the 2 screws
    5. grab ECU and remove from holding clips
    6. if you have alarm need to violate metal cover, I used a small disk cutter to do this.

Stuck on number 4. It says to remove the central protection unboltong the two screw
    IMG_20190718_181611.jpgIMG_20190718_181603.jpg
    Is it talking about that black metal cover, if so I reoved the two bolts holding it down.
    Would the next step require for me to grind the metal cover and then the ECU should slide out of place?

Thanks for the help so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got the ecu off, the BDM tuner came today but seller never sent the frame. So going to have to wait till he sends the frame out. Like previous poster mentiond, gonna have to solder the pins on to the adapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Update.

Cars up amd running now. Did a BDM BACK UP then tried to write my original file on, but cmd program wouldn't let me saying the file is corrupt. So I tried another file I had and that worked. Seems like the first back up I did with the mpps v16 was no good.
    Cars up and running again after alot of messing around.
    Thanks everyone who helped and feel free to pm me if you end up doing the same. I can now help u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Glad to hear your car is alive again... Maybe explain in a post how you did for anyone who wants to know. So they will not need to send you PM ;-)

BTW... now you can post your original file for tuning ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi all,

Original file that i read using using MPPS was no good. I'm planning on doing a write up on my experience. Not sure where it should be posted.

Ok sooooo here goes,

So I tried to remap my car using a completely random file I found on the web, badddddd idea, but that's how you learn.
    I first read my original file using a clone MPPS v16 tool. I only read it once, because I was too excited to do it again. Bad idea as the file read was corrupt and caused me problems after. Always make sure you do multiple reads of a file and compare sizes.
    After writing the random file I knew something was wrong when after I turned the key one click the immobilizer sign started flashing. Tried starting the car, car started and turned straight off.
    I knew something was wrong so I tried to re write my original file back on to the ECU and that's when my nightmare started. MPPS would not let me write the original file back on, either cos the file was corrupt or I had bricked the ECU. Panic set in and I frantically started to read forums and asking people what to do.
    Luckily a kind forum member pointed me in the right direction, (Dominik.m) I had nearly given up and decided to pay some to try sort it out.
    What I needed was a a full BDM read (whatever the heck that is).

So step 1 was to buy a BDM tuner, but it never is simple. For the BDM tuner to work you need to take your ECU out of the car. Then it involves either soldering or buying a frame to use, which also needs soldering for the adapter to work on the ECU. Only found out later you can buy a frame that comes with probes, that you don't need to solder. That was after I flipping ordered the frame.

step 2 once you've got the BDM tuner working and installed and ECU out of the car you need to first make a back up of your ECU and then re write your original firmware on. Now this is where I realised my original file was corrupt because it would not write on to the ECU. That's when I used another forum members original file and that wrote succesfully.

Step 3 stuck back in the car and car came back to life.

There was a whole lot of making sure I was running a windows xp for the software to run. There was also some soldering involved, which people have struggled with. I amaged to do a perfect solder but there was a certain way of doing it and deffo need of flux for the actual soldering.

Might have been a few things I missed. But this was just meant to be a brief guide and what you will need and what you will need to do.

Next step is to get the bloody thing remapped and race a bmw or audi at the ligtht and get the satisfaction from all the headache I went through :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123