Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Peugeot 107 speedo repair or full cluster swap?

So my mate who changed his dash lights, opened up the cluster on my 2007 Peugeot 107 to have a look if he can do mine. He removed all the plugs and then accidentally flicked the speedo needle when taking off the panel.

Everything is back together and working except the speedo which is not registering anything. When ignition starts, the speedo needle flicks below 0mph for a few seconds then stops. Not sure what has happened, I reckon the speedo needle motor or gears have gone and need replacing, or if has just gone out of calibration?

Mechanics are charging me £250 just to change the speedo needle. Would it be easier to buy and install a second hand cluster and just correct the mileage, or will the cluster need any further programming such as for VIN, immobiliser or anything else? I believe 107s ecu bsi and everything is in the cluster so not sure how complicated any such programming would be.

Thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,317 Posts

if you want to swap dash from ori to donnor, you only have to put original eeprom in donnor dash.

However if problem is only speddo nndle you can remove it and to put a new one.

easy job....it's not complicated
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONLINE CAR FILE EDITION SERVICE

SERVICIOS DE EDICION DE ARCHIVOS AUTOMOTRICES

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jomberykaso For This Useful Post:

johnnybeast (7th August, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jomberykaso View Post
    if you want to swap dash from ori to donnor, you only have to put original eeprom in donnor dash.

However if problem is only speddo nndle you can remove it and to put a new one.

easy job....it's not complicated
    Thanks for that, I think it may be the other internal parts as well like the speedo motor and possibly any gear mechanism inside. Haven't done this sort of repair before but might be able to find a walkthrough online, and it sounds much less complex than a full swap and having to desolder and solder the eeprom to a donor

Do you know if I would I have to do any other calibration or programming once the new speedo parts are in?