Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default peugeot expert - steering issue need circuit diagrams

Just got my hands on a Peugeot Expert III apparently it is intermittently losing power steering communication after being driven a few meters.
    tried connecting to Power steering module (no connection), so I then connected to the BSI and found fault code 047 (no communication with power steering).

At this point I think its best to start by checking correct 12V supply, connections and CAN wiring from BSI to pump.

Anyone have circuit diagrams of Power steering that can send me?
    Would be a lot of help thanks.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts

Have your checked the battery, load test needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autoden View Post
    Have your checked the battery, load test needed.
    Not yet, only managed to scan the car so far. Doubt is the battery as it cracks really well, i will do load test as its a valid point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Though to bump this thread up again with some updates.

So far i have tested the following.

Supply plug at pump: 12V OK even during load test, 0V OK.
    3 pin (canbus): Can pins both seam ok, res 60ohms between the 2 and 2.5V on each with ign on.
    Ign 12V+ pin ok.

I have tried bridging the car with another car - no difference.
    Noticed that the pump goes online only when it has been unplugged from the supply plug and re-plugged after 15mins or more.

Opened the pump and found residues of hydraulic on the electronic card assuming it has leaked from the tank.

Read eeprom as a precaution just in case new pump needs programming. Cleaned any residues from the pump, and will retest the pump once again.
    Should fail again I will attempt to supply the pump directly from the battery, as I read somewhere there have been cases of cold solder at the BSI.

Is there some other check to perform before i go ahead and order another pump, should the above not work?