Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tooway satellite question

Hi All

I realise this forum is about satellite TV, but I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of Satellite internet please?

I am on a Tooway system because of no land line availability. I am getting no help from the supplier who just takes the monthly fees :-((

I am having trouble with the system dropping out, on the status screen the RX: SNR was fluctuating between -3dB and 4.5dB. It it normally about 12dB. I went to see if I had a bird or something on the dish because I've never seen it fluctuate like this before.

I've bought a SatLink WS6933 but the instructions are, shall I say "a little inadequate". I was going to re-align the dish, but can't find any information I need about how to use the SatLink on a Tooway system.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I believe they use Ka band rather than the usual Ku. You may be able to connect the meter and look for a signal, then without loosening the dish, gently flex it on the mount to see if the signal improves. Only then loosen the dish and adjust the alignment.

If you have a 4G phone signal in your area then a better option may be a 3 UK unlimited data SIM at around £20 per Month and a 4G enabled Router, even if you need an external antenna.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the response lincsat. I am in a 2G area, just occasionally 3G if I stand out side, in the right spot (with silver foil on my head), so the 4G SIM is not an option until the network is upgraded.

Correct, Tooway uses KA band, 29.5-30 GHz for the uplinks from the customer VSAT terminals and 19.7-20.2 GHz for the downlink.

I'll try your suggestion. I can use the built in programme to adjust the dish, relying on a tone generator changing tone frequency, but was hoping to use something a bit more accurate....