Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default My VVDI2 is no longer connecting to OBD unexpectedly!!!

Hello, I was in the process of programming a key for a 2017 VW Jetta (Keyed Ignition All-Keys-Lost).&nbsp; Everything was going fine and the 24C64 service file was successfully written to the dashboard and I was able to read the eeprom and immo data through the OBD.&nbsp; I made a dealer key and added it to the dashboard to which it registered but the instrument cluster was still displaying "Immobilizer".&nbsp; There was a moment when my jumpbox was getting low and I was connecting my jumpers to the Jetta as well.&nbsp; When I went back to the car and tried to read immobilizer again, I noticed it said failed as if I didn't have the OBD connected to the car.&nbsp; I noticed my VVDI2 was hot at that point and had a slight smell of burning/smoke.&nbsp; I did some research and a very popular post stated that I needed to replace the "A2SHB" component on the circuit board.&nbsp; Upon opening my VVDI2 I didn't see the A2SHB in a condition that would most likely cause it to fail.&nbsp; I replaced that component regardless and now I still cannot connect to OBD still.&nbsp; What do I do at this point?&nbsp; I'm clueless and not sure what to do. Towards the OBD side of the circuit board, I smell a little smoke.&nbsp;<br><br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Contact technical support

http://www.xhorse.uk/issue/

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

The nice thing with Xhorse, and some other companies who has the same policy.
    Is that you can actually get new hardware. And keep your serial, or at least keep your purchased licenses.
    Like if it got stolen. You can contact the distributor who sold it.
    And tell them to lock the tool.

So I guess you could send it back. And maybe they can replace the damaged parts or circuit board.
    Or you can buy only new hardware. And keep all your licenses, if you had Full version.

Some others is constructed like if it got stolen. You loose all purchased licenses at the same time.
    And the developer can not help you get them back, and transferred over to a new hardware.
    This is why it is important to only buy, the licences needed at that time.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I had exactly same problem with my one. Connected to the car, read immo and next min couldn’t connect at all. Lucky me i had it replaced and license transferred

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Will have to look after this tool like a baby so fragile!
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

mine had problem with loading transponder programmer from last week, always crashed

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Has this any thing to do with the last updates!!!
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    Has this any thing to do with the last updates!!!

No, it was his own fault because surge/overvoltage damaged the VVDI2 interface

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In the future is there any way to prevent this from happening again? I had a well working VVDI2 that was subjected under normal working conditions to which it all of a suddenly stopped working. Really huge inconvenience and it make me think if this is possible with other expensive equipment that I have. Currently I contacted xHorse and they said to ship them my VVDI2 for repairs which should take about 2 weeks time. I'll keep you guys posted.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts

I never leave any equipment connect to the car while connecting charger or jump box. These can create heavy voltage spikes/surges.

You can try a filter/protector like this :
    https://www.michaelhyde.com/OBD2-Vol...er_p_6593.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exe123 For This Useful Post:

Maartinj (17th September, 2019), Weasel3 (17th September, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Wonder if uses same part as AVDI - CMOS multiplexers which are rated at approx 15V.
    Right on the limit - like exe123 said be careful. I even keep part in stock now just-in-case

Mine exploded once.
    (well puff of smoke)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterFauker View Post
    Hello, I was in the process of programming a key for a 2017 VW Jetta (Keyed Ignition All-Keys-Lost).&nbsp; Everything was going fine and the 24C64 service file was successfully written to the dashboard and I was able to read the eeprom and immo data through the OBD.&nbsp; I made a dealer key and added it to the dashboard to which it registered but the instrument cluster was still displaying "Immobilizer".&nbsp; There was a moment when my jumpbox was getting low and I was connecting my jumpers to the Jetta as well.&nbsp; When I went back to the car and tried to read immobilizer again, I noticed it said failed as if I didn't have the OBD connected to the car.&nbsp; I noticed my VVDI2 was hot at that point and had a slight smell of burning/smoke.&nbsp; I did some research and a very popular post stated that I needed to replace the "A2SHB" component on the circuit board.&nbsp; Upon opening my VVDI2 I didn't see the A2SHB in a condition that would most likely cause it to fail.&nbsp; I replaced that component regardless and now I still cannot connect to OBD still.&nbsp; What do I do at this point?&nbsp; I'm clueless and not sure what to do. Towards the OBD side of the circuit board, I smell a little smoke.&nbsp;<br><br><br>&nbsp;<br><br>

Had similar issue with my VVDI MB Tool
    Check my post on the repair for it....

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...=1#post3695763

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If i'm not mistaken, I believe that your issue is connecting to the USB on your PC. My issue is connecting to OBD II to any car at all. Do you think it's going to work?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts

If i'm not mistaken, I believe that your issue is connecting to the USB on your PC. My issue is connecting to OBD II to any car at all. Do you think it's going to work?
    Contact Xhorse or any dealer in your country to help you repair that
    no problem at all in Europe

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Oh yes.... sorry about that. Hope you get it solved soon.