Register
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Nissan Qashqai / X-Trail / Rogue Smart Key - BCM's That Are Dangerous

Hi all,

Been doing Nissan Qashqai (mostly) Smart Keys for around 3 months now (done around 15) with Smart Pro.

I know there are 2 BCM part numbers that smart pro warns you not to program keys to (because it will brick the module) now after doing some research I've found there's more that are potentially car killing.

Before I stop my staff doing these all together I need to know whether there's a way out if one is bricked or is it simply new body control module and programming at a dealer.

I know there are threads covering this already but I just thought i'd put it out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adamb195 For This Useful Post:

issam216 (20th December, 2022)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I think I read somewhere there’s more than 2 and some not identified as yet. As for BCM recovery I don’t know.

Re-mapped a few of the 1.5 diesels without a problem but done a 2.0 diesel one last week and it knocked out injector coding and dropped the key out for some reason. Managed to write coding back to injectors only after programming key back in. Always wary doing these hate them

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

more than two, those are the well know and affected sw versions

4CB0A
    4CB1A
    3ZP0A
    4BA0A

if bricked you will need a brand new engine ecu+ bcm + keys of course the labor cost to change and the coding of the modues (abs, srs..etc)
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

Mezzz (8th August, 2023)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Good thread!!!
    I think it's VERY important to all of us...

This is the one I bricked:

284B1-4CB3A

Hours and hours... Every programmer you can think of and nothing...

Stay AWAY of these models!

BR,
    PM.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to psam For This Useful Post:

adamb195 (2nd October, 2019), alessio93 (17th May, 2023), Col19 (15th May, 2023), fred77 (3rd September, 2022), HeXeN (5th May, 2020), issam216 (20th December, 2022), Mezzz (8th August, 2023), Wilber Pardo (16th November, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

These modules is delivered all over the world? In US, EU and ME etc.
    Though I haven't seen a Rouge here.
    But it seems that Rouge and X-trail is rebadged. And is the same vehicle.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weasel3 For This Useful Post:

Evernemi (24th May, 2020), Mezzz (8th August, 2023)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,275 Posts

there is mixed results even on those that are warned against on smart pro , the 6 serials ive read of issues thus far are ;

4CBOA
    4CB1A
    3ZPOA
    4BAOA
    4CB3A
    4CB5A

some have killed the above and some have succeeded on the above , and these are just the ones ive read about so far , its likely there is more , which makes doing these a lottery for us all .

its been said that battery support is crucial on these and not just a booster pack or jump leads , but decent battery support that maintains voltage with no dips , i tend to maintain 14v with a support unit when i take one on , but even with battery support its a lottery , some will get lucky and get paid whilst others will be unlucky and pay the stealer and with what the dealer charges for this will kill the profit on 20 to 70 jobs depending what profit you make per job , looking at the silly rates some charge for beer money then they will take months to recover the loss incurred.
    so the more you charge the less jobs you need to recover the loss , the less you charge the more time and work it takes to recover the loss , unless your very understanding insurance company will cover it for those that even bother with insurance cover

in an ideal world nissan would stand up and put their hands up , admit theres an issue and sort it at there cost , but this aint an ideal world , nissan instead deny theres an issue at all despite their own service bulliten to there dealers.

so at end of day , you decide for yourself if the risk is worthwhile , with plenty of these jobs around as most avoid them you may deem the risk v profit worthwhile , but you decide , take the risk and pay if it goes wrong or leave well alone , either way its down to the individual and how lucky you are.

as always we are on our own if the shit hits the fan

and no theres no fix for this at present other than the dealer , new units , new keys and labour then at a guess recovery costs and courtesy cars whilst off road .

so some will tell you to leave them alone , some will tell you to try and do the job , some will tell you of their success and some their woes , but at end of day the choice is yours and yours alone revel in the successes but dont cry when one goes rogue on you which law of averages says one will , hopefully not your first.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 1st October, 2019 at 11:29 PM.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

alessio93 (17th May, 2023), godfathertwo (26th August, 2021), issam216 (20th December, 2022), KEYTH (23rd April, 2022), Mezzz (8th August, 2023), musti418 (3rd May, 2020), p1et (3rd October, 2019), scott saslocksm (12th January, 2020), Seby_TM (3rd May, 2022), u.s (2nd October, 2019), Weasel3 (2nd October, 2019), Wilber Pardo (16th November, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

what exactly does the service bulletin say
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Did a qashqai 2014 4BAOA without problem last week, so like you say its a lottery, but it maybe has to do with how the key programming goes also bypassing pincodes in the system maybe someone can shine a light on this?
    I am also very interrested in this service bulletin you speak of.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Someone i know has bricked a Xtrail , so its on few modles too.(sorry no pt.no).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staafonline View Post
    Did a qashqai 2014 4BAOA without problem last week, so like you say its a lottery, but it maybe has to do with how the key programming goes also bypassing pincodes in the system maybe someone can shine a light on this?
    I am also very interrested in this service bulletin you speak of.
    That's the service bulletin.

68399391_2487749304791324_923448007641268224_n.jpg

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adamb195 For This Useful Post:

jodge (2nd October, 2019), royalkey (27th November, 2022), scotlock (2nd October, 2019)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamb195 View Post
    so thats actually quite a large range 284B1 to 4CB1A did some of these maybe got a software update to counter this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think that means that one specific part number. But there's others, just probably on another service bulletin

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

it seems the sw update on the BCM isn't an option when the dealer must change the whole BCM
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I've seen a Nissan Pulsar killed. So guessing its going to be Qashqai J11, X-Trail T32 and Pulsar models to avoid.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,275 Posts

some will choose to avoid these models , some are happy to take the risk , theres no correct or incorrect advice , if your willing to pay for those that go wrong then crack on with them , if unwilling to take the risk or unwilling to pay for the ones that goi wrong then avoid them , its a simple choice , no right or wrong , just individual choice .

personally im happy to pass on them and concentrate on jobs with less risk , with the low ball rates so many charge today the margin isnt sufficient when looking at risk v reward and i suspect insurance would not cover more than 1 before they screw you .

my concern is all the cash in hand uninsured beer boys who will kill these cars and simply vanish , which tarnished us all in these days of social media .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 3rd October, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

godfathertwo (15th April, 2024)

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast