Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MB C220 gear selector MCU rom

Hello!

The gear selector of my car (MB C220 AT) seems to be broken (error code P240C). I'm trying to figure out what exactly the problem is (on other forums they discuss broken optoisolators, but mine measured well. I replaced also the CAN interface (L9615D) with no luck.

I found that the MCU of the board is MC68HC05X16 (0D62J) and I would like to ask you if you're aware if any roms exists for this MCU and for this gear selector.

I guess that the MCU (and the EEPROM) are locked, but may you tell me whether it is possible any firmware to be read and what programmers are in use for this task?

I have experience with STM32 MCUs, STM8, AVR, but no 68HC05.

Any advises would be of great help! Thanks!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts

Why not replace it with another selector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased used one few hours ago, expect it to be delivered on Tuesday. New one is quite expensive.

On the other side it drives me crazy since I have some experience with electronics and it will be pleasure for me to fix it.