Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default 2019 Key cutting machine, whats the best all rounder

I currently have a Keyline 994 Laser, Condor XC-007 and Silica Viper. Beyond fed up with all of them now, the Condor has been my go to choice for the last 2 yeas even though its the cheapest its been the most reliable and most accurate key cutting machine, it also boots the quickest and has done 99% of the keys i've needed. However it has lacked updates since 2015, the 994 Laser i've just updated and it still doesn't do the Kia HU134 blade and the Silica even though its the latest addition to my collection i just can't get on with it, i don't like the built in interface, but its usable with Instacode.
    Anyway bottom line is i'm after flogging them all (may keep the condor as backup) and getting a new machine. so what do you guys recommend? I don't want to have to pay for updates every year and i don't want one that's going to be obsolete shortly.
    Ive so far looked at the Miracle A9 edge auto as recomended by hickleys and the silica Futura Pro. Is there any others you'd recommend? (must be able to do the new kia blade!)
    also if anyone wants to make an offer for my cutters, feel free

Cheers

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I have a old laser 994 and it cuts the new kia/hundyai blades. I'm using the new console that came out a few years ago.

I saw the new alpha machine a few weeks ago and it looks good. Cuts Kia and the lastest VAG

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doolittle For This Useful Post:

demotep3 (6th November, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Since you're in the high league, of spending your money.
    There is a new one out now.

S10

I read users are satisfied, with what it can do.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weasel3 For This Useful Post:

demotep3 (6th November, 2019), fred77 (6th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

To be honest I've not ever got on with the 994, might have been better with the newer console but the older one i have its sluggish and difficult to navigate to the key you want, and no way to search by blade. , whats the new alpha key cutting machine, not herd of it before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cheers will look into that some more !

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

What ever you do dont buy Futura pro, i have a list of the keys which doesnt cut properly, at least on mine.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazz2 For This Useful Post:

AndriyM6 (6th November, 2019), demotep3 (8th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nazz2 View Post
    What ever you do dont buy Futura pro, i have a list of the keys which doesnt cut properly, at least on mine.
    nazz is right. I have the same problem with the "normal" Futura and other friendly Locksmiths too. When you ask Silca (in my country) the answer is - you are the only one who has this problem. And when you tell them other Locksmith had exactly the same issue and already spook to you they are then just talking bad over them. Do not think about the Futura, really!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dighallo For This Useful Post:

AndriyM6 (6th November, 2019), demotep3 (8th November, 2019)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demotep3 View Post
    To be honest I've not ever got on with the 994, might have been better with the newer console but the older one i have its sluggish and difficult to navigate to the key you want, and no way to search by blade. , whats the new alpha key cutting machine, not herd of it before?
    Triton or alfa
    Same machine different name
    Made by kukai
    Seems they made improvements to the sec-e9

Wish xhorse would make improvements instead of releasing the same machine with the same problems year after year after year............
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepyrz For This Useful Post:

demotep3 (8th November, 2019)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,314 Posts

i have silca viper with edge kit , keyline ninja laser , miracle A6 and an old condor xc007 , all get used , i love my viper its been a great workhorse for 12 years with no downtime , i like ninja laser it cuts a nice key and quickly and has good coverage , my only gripe with ninja laser is that it takes 4 minutes to boot up , feels like hours when waiting on it , but other than that no complaints . miracle A6 is ok but not in the league of viper and ninja .

so many machines are now built to last a short time , machines of old were built to last forever , the viper is testerment to this with over 150,000 keys cut and still going strong though lacking the coverage of newer machines. if i was buying again id look at silca but probably evo and triax, for a van machine id stick with ninja laser or one of new miracle machines

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

demotep3 (8th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cheers for that guys i think i'm going to enquire about the newer Miracle A10 its not much more expensive than the A9 and keep my condor as its just so easy to maintain and cut with.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

I'll continue here so as not to open another post....
    today I had an akl job on kia veni hu134, key cut by mechanical code with my xp005, perfect door ignition not 100% perfect.
    when turning on the ignition, if I enter with the whole key it doesn't work, if I go back 0.5mm and make the key vibrate everything is ok....
    some advice????
    [SIZE=3][I][FONT=impact][COLOR=#ffd700]PUSH THANKS AND REP IF I HELPED YOU !!!!!!