Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

Borrow another DB25 to OBDII cable for kess from a friend and test with it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morgano For This Useful Post:

arejas (20th November, 2019), gas43 (21st November, 2019)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So my story is a little bit funny.
    As i told i tried one more time to make new files for my new verbatim sdcard and guess what,it started to work again!
    So i thinked that sdcard slot or maybe sdcard itself is faulty,but later in a day i tryed to test again my kess unit with "fixed” sdcard and that time it stoped working again.(got wake up error again) So i tryed to press sdcard with finger while making ecu ID,changed usb ports and tryed to bend kess usb and main cables and i FOUND that when i bend main(kess to obd DB25) cable,voltage in ksuite drops from 12.3 to 3V,so found that "sweet" spot where it works perfect(ID,Read)on EDC16,17.

So question is,i think im not able to buy separate cable fast in europe,so does anyone can recommend where to buy highest possible quality clone?Or maybe china/eu rework?
    Last edited by arejas; 20th November, 2019 at 11:23 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arejas View Post
    So my story is a little bit funny.
    As i told i tried one more time to make new files for my new verbatim sdcard and guess what,it started to work again!
    So i thinked that sdcard slot or maybe sdcard itself is faulty,but later in a day i tryed to test again my kess unit with "fixed” sdcard and that time it stoped working again.(got wake up error again) So i tryed to press sdcard with finger while making ecu ID,changed usb ports and tryed to bend kess usb and main cables and i FOUND that when i bend main(kess to obd DB25) cable,voltage in ksuite drops from 12.3 to 3V,so found that "sweet" spot where it works perfect(ID,Read)on EDC16,17.

So question is,i think im not able to buy separate cable fast in europe,so does anyone can recommend where to buy highest possible quality clone?Or maybe china/eu rework?
    Cable (144300KCAN) shipping from eu https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-progra...4AAOSwROld0COt

There are not quality clones...it can work good but risk make big damage...
    only solution for stable work is rework pcb...
    Last edited by gas43; 21st November, 2019 at 01:32 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gas43 View Post
    Cable (144300KCAN) shipping from eu https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-progra...4AAOSwROld0COt

There are not quality clones...it can work good but risk make big damage...
    only solution for stable work is rework pcb...
    Can china clone kess v2 5.017 work with original cable?Pinout is the same?

https://www.alientechuk.co.uk/products/144300kcan

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So bought new DB25(OBD2 to Kess) cable from local supplier,before checked pinout numbering with old cable included in package when i bought kess,all looked the same.
    Plugged new cable to kess main unit and to cars(audi) obd,and kess main unit burned with smell of smoke..
    I think all these cables have to be the same pinout,doesn’t matter or it is 2017 or 2018 kess 5.017 china clone version.

Does it possible that pinout is different or just broken new cable?
    Last edited by arejas; 23rd November, 2019 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, I bought a tried kess clone via obd and it works.

I try to read the ecu in boot mode but I get wakeup error, can you recommend which of the 3 tools to use?

and especially if the yellow wire is the kline?

the ecu in question is a sim4lke, I should clone it already tried with mpps in boot mode I got a complete reading of the flash but at the time of writing it deleted the flash and gave a writing error, now I have the empty flash readable with mpps and i can't with kess

thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12