Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default broadband speed test

looking for a bit help i had 12mb broadband and went up to 20 dont think it is much quicker so i went to my broadbandspeed and this is what i got download 7mbps up 15 is this allright

Running a speed test through Ookla speed test site and even https://speedtestfast.com/ookla-speed-test/ shows normal speeds. Can someone work with me on this?
    Last edited by kytip; 5th November, 2019 at 09:39 AM.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Internet Service Providers in the UK seem to limit internet usage speeds in peak hours. Give them a call and complain

Also reset the router and see what happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Some providers advertise saying for example: "Up to 20mbps". This doesn't mean that you will get the 20mbps, you may see it sometimes but most of the time it will be below that. Also, when testing your internet connection make sure you've closed any unnecessary programs which may consume some of the speed. And do it when you're connected to the modem with Ethernet cable.