Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default V8/X6 vs Miracle A7 vs Xhorse Dolphin

Hey DigitalKaos Family,

Just started a key cutting part time business. I have the defu 368A and Defu 2AS, and have done a few keys successfully. Defu 368A is good but it gives alot of trouble on honda keys. I think I have somewhat mastered the Defu 2AS.

Anyways I want to buy an automatic machine that can cut keys and help with AKL situations as well.

I cut maybe 5 keys a week and looking to expand to maybe 10-20 a week.

My thoughts are I should buy one of the following:

-V8/X6
    -Miracle A7
    -Xhorse Dolphin

Can anybody help me compare and contrast the machines as well help me pick a machine.

Thanks in advance.

Randy

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Xhorse Dolphin
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If we take into the consideration the price differences between machines and the volume of work I do; do you think its worth it to get the Xhorse dolphin.
    Last edited by randyrash; 7th November, 2019 at 10:11 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Buy what you want, you won't know the differences if you can't use the other ones
    I have almost all of 'em - just IT is A9 Premium not A7.
    Miracle is the Best. Wouldn't never buy an A7 instead of A9. Tried an A5, I know the differences. I didn't had any troubles with Miracle, just you have to set key checking from all possible sides.

X6 is good, but has its failures. The most disturbing one is to change cutter tó probe every Time when you want tó decode a key... Another failure is the tailcut of Audi HU66 keys, where it won't do the tailcut

The Dolphin has its own potential on field works, except when you wanna do VA2T or VA6 keys. In that cases the key Will be cut in such Way, that you can't pull it out from the lock.

Wasn't listed, but there's a fourth option, called Alpha. A nice compact one, didn't bought it só far, just tried @ IKS this year. Has almost the knowledge of a Miracle, but is cheaper.

Other questions are answered in my "My toys" topic.

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Dolphin so buggy
    va2 va6 wt47 saab keys not work either
    just so many little things that all add up to make it a pain in the ass to use
    not reliable machine to travel to a job to be let down

6. The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeyman For This Useful Post:

PocketHero (8th November, 2019)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    not reliable machine to travel to a job to be let down
    With all respect: you As an experienced Locksmith have tó know what your machines are able, and know its weaknesses. I think the Dolphin is a good background machine, but you have to have other options As well.
    For Example I didn't met such a machine what was good enough for the field work alone.
    The Miracle won't work fine without a 2KW inverter and is too expensive and is more sensitive for humidity As the others
    The X6 has the troubles with the Audi keys and Always have tó replace the cutter and the probe
    The Dolphin cuts in lots of times bad keys, have troubles with key placing (all other concurent machines have better solutions for the exact placing (M1 clamp(!!!))) But cuts 10 keys without recharging, and has the Best size for the work - but makes the biggest dirt in the working place

Won't defend the Fish, but IT isn't so ez 2 4get its advantages.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

If looking for something cheap - get the 2M2 Tank. It seems it's made by the same guys who made the X6/V8, which would be perfect for what you're looking for. But no one has experience with it yet, so you will be the first to let us know
    You should note the X6/V8 is not available anymore so that coffee machine (the 2M2 Tank) replaces it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Look we are talking about cheap machine you can not have both ways save more money and buy the latest machine cost around £14000 your problem solved.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.