Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default CAS 3++ Question - anyone know if this would work?

Hi all got a question regarding a CAS3++ module and was wondering if anyone’s tried this before.

Normally we get these and then remove and backup on bench before downgrading and programming a key through OBD with AVDI with 13.5v charger etc.

obviously don’t like downgrading as potential issues and also removes the security aspect on the car.

would it be possible to bypass the downgrade by reading the flash and eeprom on the bench and then loading into tango and programming key through that.

would the new key work even if the module still had the upgrade installed?

if it did, this is what I’m going to start doing.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

It should do. It's how I used to do 9389115 before it was doable by obd. I used Cgdi not Tango to write the key, though.

Once downgraded, you can always reflash in a couple of minutes.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,577 Posts

If we talking about spare key then of course read eeprom on bench is enough (working key required to decrypt ISN). If all keys lost still need downgrade or need cas eeprom + ISN from DME

Tango always prompt to write new eeprom to CAS after key programming but you dont have to do it, unless you program new key on already used position
    Last edited by p1et; 17th November, 2019 at 10:13 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to p1et For This Useful Post:

Fallen (18th November, 2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p1et View Post
    If we talking about spare key then of course read eeprom on bench is enough (working key required to decrypt ISN). If all keys lost still need downgrade or need cas eeprom + ISN from DME

Tango always prompt to write new eeprom to CAS after key programming but you dont have to do it, unless you program new key on already used position
    I tried this today with a working key and it doesn't work. Old key works fine, but the new one just doesn't bring the dash on? In the end i downgraded CAS & then programmed through OBD and worked fine (obviously having a backup first.

Am i doing something wrong on Tango?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamb195 View Post
    I tried this today with a working key and it doesn't work. Old key works fine, but the new one just doesn't bring the dash on? In the end i downgraded CAS & then programmed through OBD and worked fine (obviously having a backup first.

May be wrong with your bin or with your key

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    May be wrong with your bin or with your key
    I've tried it on 3 cars though so don't think its my files, cause i always verify the read with VVDI prog & Tango detects it as a cas3++. It must be my keys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamb195 View Post

Is your Tango not counterfeit? I do duplicates the same way, but I use VVDI2.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

yes you can read eeprom on cas3+ or cas3/istap, then use programmer to make key with eeprom file. thats how i do keys when i dont downgrade. i dont write back to CAS, i choose new key position.