help with motorised system
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default help with motorised system

I have over the past few years gone through various devices which have enabled me to watch mainly sport on my TV without shelling out pounds to certain well known people. I am currently using a firestick and an IPTV service. I have been given a previously used motorised system which I intend to set up. There is an 80cm dish with a diseqc HH motor attached and a technomate TM5402H box. These were up and running at a friends sons house until he removed them prior to moving, I am told the Lnb has been broken in this move and a new one is required. I live in a bungalow with a south facing garden and intend to put the dish on the wall of a concrete garden shed which is south facing and overlooking open fields. I am at present laid up and won't be in a position to fix everything for probably 2 months so would like to read up on everything prior to starting off. My first main question is in view of the position of the dish to where the receiver is going to be is there a maximum permitted length of cable before there is a drop in either signal or power strength. If I am OK with this and can set it up (I have read the entries on fixing the dish) can you point me in the general direction of reading material to assist me in understanding how to get the best out of the system. I am a total newb and will need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

why do you want a motorised dish now you get IPTV ?
    I have a motorised dish with a European C Line & IPTV, my disc is 110mm the 80mm was not getting good reception (0.8w to 19E)
    my dish is on the side of house so don't get a volt drop
    the reason I stayed with the European C-line was we had low download speeds in the sticks, changed now with fibre to the exchange
    setting up the dish is easy enough lots of stuff on net
    when I set my dishes up (had multi LNB on other side of house first) I had a TV & digital box in the garden with me to easily check the signal/picture I was receiver, now I would buy a GTmedia V8 Sat Finder £50-£60

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply I just thought since I had the chance and since nobody knows how long IPTV would last, in view of what happened a few months back, I may as well try and set up this dish. I have a cheapo sat finder that I use on a freeview dish when out in a motorhome and the shed this dish is going to be attached to has power so could set up a tv and box in there. I just don't know where to find info on what is possible to watch and I am aware that some things cannot be discussed so not sure how to learn.