Hello All,

At this moment I'm looking in to buying a secondhand DME for my523i with N53 motor, The goal of this is to first flash the 528i software on to it and later explore the possibility's to make little changes to the map.
End goal being making this available to people so the can do this themselves without having to buy a new DME.
Because I don't want to take the risk of bricking my own care I decided to buy a second DME to to all of the testing with.

After searching for a while I found a source for a compatible DME with the seller offering the option to have I delivered in a "virgin"state.

I have experiance with coding, and flash of modules in my car and have the required software and an ICOM and E-net cable to use it. I also have a small variety of EEPROM readers, and other electronic tools I might require for the job.

The practical questions that I have at this moment are:

- Would it be possible to do a CAS-DME sync with the new DME using E-SYS, ISTA+ or any of the other BMW official tools?

- Is it possible to interchange both DME's in the car or would this require to re-sync the old DME again?

- If it is not possible with the BMW tools what would I require then, ECU-Explorer, AT-200 programmer?

Many thanks for your input in advance, when I make any progress on this I will of course share this with you.