Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lightbulb Cherokee 2019 bypass

Has anyone had success with a Cherokee 2019, if so with what equipment? I tried with the AutoProPad, which I've used for several other Chrysler cars from 2019, such as the Grand Cherokee, Compass and Renegade, but seems the Cherokee simply doesn't work at least with that equipment.

With the AutoProPad I've done it via the Star connector using the brute force cables taping into the CAN Hi and CAN Low behind the glove compartment. Done via this method I can read number of Keys and VIN, but when I try to read PIN I get "Security Entry failed" after about 90 seconds, via OBD it's simply "Read Seed fail" right away.

I have AVDI, but not the FCA module and a T-code I've been sort of reluctant to exchange for the Smart Pro(not a fan of tokens) and AutoProPad does most of the Cars I get to see. use AVDI only for Mitsubishi Prox on AKL.

Hope someone can provide some additional info on their experience.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

the Zed-full is working with those vehicles

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBacon View Post
    Has anyone had success with a Cherokee 2019, if so with what equipment? I tried with the AutoProPad, which I've used for several other Chrysler cars from 2019, such as the Grand Cherokee, Compass and Renegade, but seems the Cherokee simply doesn't work at least with that equipment.

With the AutoProPad I've done it via the Star connector using the brute force cables taping into the CAN Hi and CAN Low behind the glove compartment. Done via this method I can read number of Keys and VIN, but when I try to read PIN I get "Security Entry failed" after about 90 seconds, via OBD it's simply "Read Seed fail" right away.

I have AVDI, but not the FCA module and a T-code I've been sort of reluctant to exchange for the Smart Pro(not a fan of tokens) and AutoProPad does most of the Cars I get to see. use AVDI only for Mitsubishi Prox on AKL.

Hope someone can provide some additional info on their experience.
    Brute force cable just connects APP to system-still won't pull pin on several models of Chrysler and jeep- Jeep wrangler Sahara, for example, 2019 could not pull pin.
    APP apparently does not have program even though you are connected.
    Last edited by camelgd; 10th January, 2020 at 01:47 AM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop c4 View Post
    the Zed-full is working with those vehicles
    So I heard, I know Zed-full is pretty good, at one point I almost bought it because I needed to do Mitsubishis Prox AKL and couldn't do it with any of my equipments, ended up purchasing AVDI for it and works flawless. Still not Convinced that my best alternative to what I already have. Those subscriptions look kind of high considering it's maybe a handful a month I'm unable to do with current equipment. But for sure it's on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by camelgd View Post
    Brute force cable just connects APP to system-still won't pull pin on several models of Chrysler and jeep- Jeep wrangler Sahara, for example, 2019 could not pull pin.
    APP apparently does not have program even though you are connected.
    Yeah that's why I'm considering getting another programmer for these cars specifically, similar to what I've mentioned I did for the Mitsubishis Prox. my AVDI is used only and exclusively for Prox Mitsubishi's and it already paid itself a couple of times. But still on the fence on what to go with.

Really hope the guys at APP figure out the Chrysler bypass on all models soon.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

So I heard, I know Zed-full is pretty good, at one point I almost bought it because I needed to do Mitsubishis Prox AKL and couldn't do it with any of my equipments, ended up purchasing AVDI for it and works flawless. Still not Convinced that my best alternative to what I already have. Those subscriptions look kind of high considering it's maybe a handful a month I'm unable to do with current equipment. But for sure it's on my mind.

Yeah that's why I'm considering getting another programmer for these cars specifically, similar to what I've mentioned I did for the Mitsubishis Prox. my AVDI is used only and exclusively for Prox Mitsubishi's and it already paid itself a couple of times. But still on the fence on what to go with.

Really hope the guys at APP figure out the Chrysler bypass on all models soon.
    I would settle for now knowing that someone is actually working on the problem. Ray Ray is no longer on the project as far as I know, he's the reason why APP is as good as it is right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to camelgd For This Useful Post:

ray-ray (19th February, 2020)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camelgd View Post
    I would settle for now knowing that someone is actually working on the problem. Ray Ray is no longer on the project as far as I know, he's the reason why APP is as good as it is right now.
    Agree, not sure if someone took his place after that or at least actively working on it, haven't heard anything about it. Looking forward to see how xhorse equipment starts making way now that ray-ray is with them, real fan of the keytools probably made 100x their cost already.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalBacon For This Useful Post:

ray-ray (19th February, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yeah I agree with you it's a bit pricey that system they have of tokens is a killer........ every single job is like a vacuum on tokens but on the positive it works decently well

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts

does anyone know if im608 can do key programming and pin reading on those models///???

BR

Leo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leandroks View Post
    does anyone know if im608 can do key programming and pin reading on those models///???

BR

Leo
    2019 Grand Cherokee
    Pin yes
    key learning yes

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

I tried last week with my im608 & it fail to pull the pin.. l will update the tool and get back to report. APP team have hired on new help with high expectations and they all have fail to produce ( they hit a brick wall ! ) so they going to introduce 3 new units. The so call new unit can handle what new system our on the current market. BS Guys.. promise on future updates ( distributor it’s all about the MONEY ) ( when a Locksmith is in control it’s about the brotherhood )..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

darknezz19 (19th February, 2020), DigitalBacon (22nd February, 2020), milehighlockdoc (21st February, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

removing the sgw from loop with bypass cable does not work?? 12+8 cable?

have not tried this model

2019 cherokee prox smart pro
    https://youtu.be/O1gROf-06wo

i see the smart pro also has the ability through the star connector so it must be solely software related to find the pin location in the data?????
    Last edited by sleepyrz; 19th February, 2020 at 03:32 PM.
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    I tried last week with my im608 & it fail to pull the pin.. l will update the tool and get back to report. APP team have hired on new help with high expectations and they all have fail to produce ( they hit a brick wall ! ) so they going to introduce 3 new units. The so call new unit can handle what new system our on the current market. BS Guys.. promise on future updates ( distributor it’s all about the MONEY ) ( when a Locksmith is in control it’s about the brotherhood )..

Yep I notice that from around mid-year last year, the updates have been less important, just smaller things(weren't you with them before?). My subscription expires in April, really thinking of leaving it as it is, since it's quite decent equipment just doesn't seem it will be doing new stuff and invest those $600 for part of a new equipment, on the fence still which one.

Bought AVDI just for AKL on Prox Mitsubishi, since APP couldn't do it. I think I'll end up buying something new as well for these new Chrysler systems.

Where I'm currently at don't think much people if any can do a Cherokee(not grand) 19+.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyrz View Post

2019 cherokee prox smart pro
    https://youtu.be/O1gROf-06wo

i see the smart pro also has the ability through the star connector so it must be solely software related to find the pin location in the data?????

Yeah saw that yesterday, how quick and simple it is. Tokens are used when programming the key only? or extracting the PIN as well. I think the APP might be able to program it if you have the PIN which it is uncappable of extracing on it's own.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyrz View Post

works for me with im608

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

ray you try with 12+8 cable or adc2011 or bruteforce?
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS