Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW MV1746 DME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi Cris,
    Thank you again, I managed to get into the CAS before it went dark. Australia is 9pm here.
    I loaded your file into the original CAS and ISN is now same as the donor CAS is double checked correct same as the donor CAS.
    I cannot sync DME to CAS the state is not resolved.

With E/F scanner
    CAS Fault codes :
    9A04 ASW_SW_Info_Fehler_1
    9A07 ASW_HW_Info_Fehler_3
    9908 TRSP_Nicht_Zugehoering

DME fault Code:
    + 2FD7 EWS anti-tampering protection

The instrument cluster does not show any tamper dot, only ABS fault but I can clear this.
    Car cranks but no ignition.

With FVDI:
    Sync DME CAS

Is this the VIN a problem in the DME as it is still in the donor VIN not mine?
    If what are the steps to change the vin I have INPA NCS WINKFP but I am a beginner.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Ok, maybe I did something wrong with keys.
    Still in learning process so cannot day what’s wrong

Try make new key

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chriz123 View Post
    Ok, maybe I did something wrong with keys.
    Still in learning process so cannot day what’s wrong

Try make new key
    No key is good the original key works with your CAS file.
    the donor key shows wrong key, i did try that already.

I think your file is good, I am missing a step somewhere i'm sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am thinking that as the MV1746 7589705 was from a E90 and my car is MV1746 7603575 E84, the year difference may be the issue as the new CAS software and the Donor DME software is too far apart.
    Does someone know if:
    A. I do a software upgrade to the donor DME fix this issue?
    B. If so what code do I use the original 7589705 or my Water damage serial that was 7603575?
    C. Also does anyone know can the 7603575 update be overwritten directly over the top of the donor DME that currently has 7589705?

Thanks in advance.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

hi no syncronization needed on car if its 16 bit isn no need too change cas software unless its ista p 45 encrypted cas then you need too decrypt downgrade firmware once you got donor dme isn all the rest gets done with fvd through obd plug units in car connect charger too keep voltage stable plug fvdi scan all units when done go special functions syncro codes youll see the one that says cas 16 bit go read it will show current isn hi lite the number push delete take donor ecu isn with no spaces between numbers paste go write alignment done if fan run permanent and car dont rev up yu need too change dme flash only from manual too auto mileage can be corrected with fvdi in most units through obd always have stable voltage regards jacques ps mv1746 only need bootpin wire soldered connect too grey alligattor clip wire and then front connection wires as per ktag diagram
    Last edited by jacques23; 22nd January, 2020 at 08:27 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacques23 For This Useful Post:

asiasin (23rd January, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacques23 View Post
    hi no syncronization needed on car if its 16 bit isn no need too change cas software unless its ista p 45 encrypted cas then you need too decrypt downgrade firmware once you got donor dme isn all the rest gets done with fvd through obd plug units in car connect charger too keep voltage stable plug fvdi scan all units when done go special functions syncro codes youll see the one that says cas 16 bit go read it will show current isn hi lite the number push delete take donor ecu isn with no spaces between numbers paste go write alignment done if fan run permanent and car dont rev up yu need too change dme flash only from manual too auto mileage can be corrected with fvdi in most units through obd always have stable voltage regards jacques ps mv1746 only need bootpin wire soldered connect too grey alligattor clip wire and then front connection wires as per ktag diagram
    Thanks Jacques, ill try these methods on the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks Jacques,
    Ok so the KTag arrived and I can manage to dump the original DME. and save files as whole as well as save as seperate. Not sure which files I need but looks like the whole file is all I need for KTag clone.
    Very easy process so far just follow the picture for outside pin connection and connect boot wire internally to grey.
    I’m waiting for another donor DME to arrive as I want a spare starting set incase I brick the DME during my learning process so I can still drive the car even if it it isn’t coded correctly.
    When I get the second donor DME I’ll try to clone my original if it works I’ll post what I did.
    Thanks for you help so far to both Jacques and Chriz especially as he has help a lot with ISN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok guys,
    Update today, I just did the easiest thing for me and that was to buy a Donor DME and clone my original to it.
    I used K-Tag by opening the DME and soldering a boot wire and then the other pin outs from the DME's plug.
    I encountered a few software problems loading the K-Tag software but fixed it when I installed C+++

Other issues were the original DME I had to repair it for water damage and the bottom of thePCB was severely corroded, making the BDM points unusable & I had to use fine wire to make jumpers from one side of the board to the other, also once heat got into the components of the DME it failed so I had to make dump files quickly.

All in all it was an easy process once the Clone was made, the original CAS had to be configured due to Us playing around with it originally, but it still fired first time.

I have to thank Chriz & his friend and Jaques for helping me with ideas in the thread.

I hope this helps someone in the future, and if you are in Melbourne I can help you out also.
    Last edited by asiasin; 29th January, 2020 at 03:56 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to asiasin For This Useful Post:

Chriz123 (29th January, 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12