Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Default FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter doubt

Hello guys,

need someone that can clear some things to me about the FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter.
    i´m new at this, and i still need to learn a lot so please take it slow if my question is like from a donkey....

I need to use an "FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter" for some tests but everyone allways mentions about using the FT232RL adapter...
    i have a small board i bought months ago that has the FT245RL chip on it and i would like to know if i could use this board, or do i really need to get the FT232RL adapter?
    I want to test and read some "old" ECUs and test with some softwares to read/write some chips (they normally speak about the FTDI USB to TTL Serial Adapter with FT232RL)

This is the board i got:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT245-USB-F...72.m2749.l2649

Thanks guys...
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just Consider helping Freely like I want to do...
    Thanks and Rep are Always Welcome...