Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Default Micra K12 prox-twist knob

Hello,

I was changing shell in the smart key. First time was doing this and all fine to the last point where I just needed to take out original PCB from plastic part and put to new one. I was trying to push it out from plastic by gently pushing on buttons but it didn't want to come out (many dust and grease inside) so I spotted a little hole at the edge where I wanted to pry PCB with a flat screwdriver. That was a mistake because it was the spot where prox coil was wide open to see from other angle and I just did a little pry in this place and I think I damaged the coil, although doesn't look bad, just a tiny scratch.

So ofc 1st time I did was to try on car if proxy working but it's not. However now after I let customer go and arranged meeting on Monday when I will have to program new proxy part to the car Im starting to wonder if I done right. It was manual gearbox, I tried to turn knob while pressing clutch and no go, but I think I didn't try to push brake pedal and turn the knob and I heard that is the way? Also if proxy is not seen, is there any sign (ex. red key symbol) on dash?

Im just asking because I let customer go, telling her how she needs to start car now for a weekend (by inserting transponder key) but I'm not 100% sure if this proxy is dead. Cannnot contact her to try start like she did because I gave her mine number and like I said, teached her to start by inserting blade into ignition so obviusly she will not even try and no chance to contact with me till monday.

Noob question but first time im working with Micra K12 prox...
    Last edited by p1et; 18th January, 2020 at 10:03 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    996 Posts

I had customer with no working keyless function after key battery replacement

I deleted all learned prox and programed with Truecode and keyless work again

No need to press brake or clutch to turn the ignition without key if keyless work

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Manta1600 For This Useful Post:

p1et (18th January, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Ok thanks, so I will try to reprogram existing prox, if not work then program another one. But the remote part is working well. In your case remote also didnt work aftr battery change?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    996 Posts

The remote function was OK only keyless function doesn't work - after reprogram all is OK

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Manta1600 For This Useful Post:

p1et (18th January, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

Ok thank you friend, I'm gonna try and report next week. Now have a peaceful sunday

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I reprogrammed a k12 remote by simply leaving the ignition on, and pressing and holding the lock button for few seconds, that was a twist type, i have a new one in stock, if you need a picture or measurements of any components, let me know.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,575 Posts

I don't know what happened but all is working fine now. I can't remember if I tried putting foot on brake and turn knob (it's manual gearbox) last Friday but this is how it's work now, you need to push brake to te able to turn the knob.

Sometimes easy tasks might confuse But you must admit that starting a car with manual gearbox while putting foot on brake isn't ordinary. That was first Micra K12 I was sitting in though and I was pretty sure I damaged coil but fortunately not
    Last edited by p1et; 21st January, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Manta1600 View Post
    I had customer with no working keyless function after key battery replacement

I deleted all learned prox and programed with Truecode and keyless work again

No need to press brake or clutch to turn the ignition without key if keyless work
    On a micra k12 2005 with smart key, you need to press the brake pedal to be able to turn the knob without inserting the key. this is how it works on mine.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

On qashqai j10 platform it looks the same. Quite crazy.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Also X-Trail
    If i helped please press the thanks button