Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default 2016 Fiat 500x all keys lost (akl) using Zedfull

Hey guys,

Hopefully I didn't miss a thread on the 500x already, but I did try looking.

Tomorrow I have to program a prox key to 2016 fiat 500x for an auction I just started making keys for. It looks like it is the same system as Renegade, but I already hooked up to it with Zed and tried to extract pin through OBD2 but no success. I'm planning on pulling cluster and using renegade adapter (assuming its the same connection).

Generally I wouldn't make a post about this sort of thing, but the rep for the Bank it's with (one of their largest clients) almost gave it to a corporate locksmith because he has had lots of issues in the past with Fiats but I told him I could do it.

Basically just hoping I can get some advice/reassurance before I go in blind. I guess I could connect 12+8 at RFH but hopefully I won't have to. I also have VVDI2 and Lonsdor if that helps any for backup plans.

Also, does anyone know if you can use a renegade prox on this?

Thanks in advance!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

im not sure on zedfull as i use avdi on these , on 2016 you should be ok , however later models you can fail to read pin , this bit of kit is supposed to enable pin read on these late 2017 on https://www.autokeystore.com/fca-sec...e-bypass-box-1

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

eurodash (23rd January, 2020), ghostrider72 (23rd January, 2020), sublimation77 (24th January, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks Rapid,
    I imagine using 12+8 bypass cable would have similar results or does this box work where the cable doesn't?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

not ordered box yet , abrites has just read pin and done the 500x models up to 2017 iv attended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, was a 2 minute job, emergency flashers, pull pin, add key. Longest part was cutting the key, especially since I had to shave the locking mechanism down so that I could shoulder stop it.

Thanks again though! Got my brain thinking and saw some neat tools on that site.

(1st time I tried to pull pin I didn't put emergency flashers on :P but I wasnt really too concerned at the time just wanted to poke it while I was by it.) Buy maybe that little bit will help someone.
    Last edited by sublimation77; 20th February, 2020 at 03:26 AM.