Register
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Renault Megane 2005 Help Urgent

hi folks

i have carprog i connected it in my Megane obdII using A1 cable , i went to the immo section in car prog , i pressed on read immo after a 6 second i got this pic ture in attachments .

when i press on add key / card i got a message that all keys will be deleted ,are the obtaind info are enough in case of something went wrong ??

is that safe what if i canot reaf the original key anymore , and where to get an empty key card ?? is there a specific frequency ??

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Untitled.jpghere what i got
    Last edited by constantinexx; 28th January, 2020 at 08:51 PM.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Last edited by constantinexx; 28th January, 2020 at 08:53 PM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

So far it looks ok. After erasing process, old card will be rematched with immo, and another will be programmed. Just follow the instructions.
    For precautions use battery charger during the process (or better- dedicated power supplier) and save eeprom from uch before.
    Once card is programmed to the car, it can't be married with different car, but it can be removed from immo and matched with the same car many times.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Yes, old card will be deleted and after that again matched with car. New card will be programed, whole process take about 3 minutes...

Regards

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomic19 View Post
    Yes, old card will be deleted and after that again matched with car. New card will be programed, whole process take about 3 minutes...

Regards
    thanks for your quick answer , is there a specific type or frequency for the cards , or just megane card keys are all the same

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

The write part of the card reader goes down. My local Renault dealer keeps a good card reader / writer in his tool box, swaps it while he adds a keycard then puts customers own back which has a faulty write part.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Would like to back up above post by member albertross

has being mentioned hefore on here

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

please red the whole text it contains a multiple questions
    ok , iam trying to save a dump file through the OBD port , iam not also sure that iam chosing the correct chip 24c04 for megane II .
    i can read the ODO meter but i canot change it , is there another way to save the dump file without dissasemblle the UCH ?? if there is no another wat can you tell me please which chip has the megane II 2005 ?? where is the location of the UCH?? is it the left side by interior fuse box ??

thanks in advance

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

please red the whole text it contains a multiple questions
    ok , iam trying to save a dump file through the OBD port , iam not also sure that iam chosing the correct chip 24c04 for megane II .
    i can read the ODO meter but i canot change it , is there another way to save the dump file without dissasemblle the UCH ?? if there is no another wat can you tell me please which chip has the megane II 2005 ?? where is the location of the UCH?? is it the left side by interior fuse box ??

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Listek22 View Post
    So far it looks ok. After erasing process, old card will be rematched with immo, and another will be programmed. Just follow the instructions.
    For precautions use battery charger during the process (or better- dedicated power supplier) and save eeprom from uch before.
    Once card is programmed to the car, it can't be married with different car, but it can be removed from immo and matched with the same car many times.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts

i think there is mcu in UCH. Just go to card programming procedure and follow instructions, there no much chance for something to go wrong on megane 2....you can always program old card even if it gets erased

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtip View Post
    i think there is mcu in UCH. Just go to card programming procedure and follow instructions, there no much chance for something to go wrong on megane 2....you can always program old card even if it gets erased
    i programmed a new key , i can start the car , but the central locking is not working .. please help

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

used an unprepared key card. cheap analogue where the radio channel never works