Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

Default Emergency Keys and Locks

I ran into a major headache this morning, it was a Toyota with the emergency lock directly BEHIND the handle. The lock is not visible at all until you pull the handle out. The problem is that there was just barely enough room for an emergency key. My problem was that keys misplaced after locking car, and needed to open car. I took the swing out lever off of a TOY2 Lishi, and by propping the handle out all the way, I was able to slide the tool into the emergency lock. By twisting the main body of the tool instead of having a lever arm, I managed to pick lock and just BARELY was able to turn enough to activate lock. Then I pulled the tool, let the handle down, and then lifted back up to open door.
    1. Has anyone else run into this type of emergency lock, and what did you do?
    2. Was this done deliberately by Toyota to neutralize Lishi tools, and have other car companies done anything like this yet?
    3. Do you have any problems on emergency keys and locks that need to be addressed?

The floor is open.....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camelgd For This Useful Post:

klesk1986 (1st February, 2020), Meat-Head (27th March, 2020)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    627 Posts

I've seen this on new Range Rovers with the flush door locks, also new Jaguar has the same thing.
    Never had to open one yet.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fallen For This Useful Post:

camelgd (1st February, 2020), klesk1986 (1st February, 2020), Meat-Head (27th March, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Had one on locked 2019 Porsche Cayenne. It used the 10 cut HU162 tool.

I had to use a dremel to cut the lishi down to create enough clearance for the tool to turn in the lock enough to push it to unlock.

Adjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hugh91 For This Useful Post:

camelgd (1st February, 2020), Fallen (8th February, 2020), jodge (1st February, 2020), klesk1986 (1st February, 2020), Meat-Head (27th March, 2020), nyandacca (26th March, 2021)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

you will also see this on new mazda vehicles .

removing the tensioner on the tool will help get alot , but some you must reduce the grid size of the tool , theres room to do this with the tools just takes some time and patience to get it right but it is easily sorted for most.

you cant blame manufacturers for finding solutions to lishi tools , maybe if locksmiths didnt flood you tube , facebook and the like with videos on how easy it is then they wouldnt need to , i understand alot of thefts are being blamed on the facebook groups where info is given away to anyone that asks with no vetting , thus they are looking at beefing security up again , so be ready for new costs in diag and tools in years to come
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 1st February, 2020 at 04:28 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

camelgd (1st February, 2020), narkeleptk (28th March, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camelgd View Post
    I ran into a major headache this morning, it was a Toyota with the emergency lock directly BEHIND the handle. The lock is not visible at all until you pull the handle out. The problem is that there was just barely enough room for an emergency key. My problem was that keys misplaced after locking car, and needed to open car. I took the swing out lever off of a TOY2 Lishi, and by propping the handle out all the way, I was able to slide the tool into the emergency lock. By twisting the main body of the tool instead of having a lever arm, I managed to pick lock and just BARELY was able to turn enough to activate lock. Then I pulled the tool, let the handle down, and then lifted back up to open door.
    1. Has anyone else run into this type of emergency lock, and what did you do?
    2. Was this done deliberately by Toyota to neutralize Lishi tools, and have other car companies done anything like this yet?
    3. Do you have any problems on emergency keys and locks that need to be addressed?

The floor is open.....
    You talking about this one?

14026_st0640_045.jpg

Why dont you just use a stick and an airbag???!!!!?!!!??

Stop making your life hard unnecessarily.................

Your using an atomic clocks synced with satellites to read time but just needed a sundial..........

I dont understand who you are trying to impress with this one.........
    Last edited by sleepyrz; 1st February, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Not trying to be an ass here

was it like a chick you were trying to impress or something and you wanted to look extra technical or something cuz you just needed a stick and a bag

Or is there something new about this car that i havnt seen?????

Just trying to figure this out

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sleepyrz For This Useful Post:

narkeleptk (28th March, 2020)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

not going to get very far with a stick and an airbag on new european jag , mazda and range rover , and no hes not talking about that handle and lock , the keyway sits behind the handle , you cannot see it until the handle is pulled out
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 1st February, 2020 at 05:27 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

camelgd (1st February, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Any pics?

Model?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Regardless of how it sits behind the handle tho

He just needed to open the door

Stick + airbag= open

Keycode?

T30 torx unscrew. Read code on lock............
    Last edited by sleepyrz; 1st February, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

My turn, Camry with handle in front of the lock will come out.. the tail piece will move and it comes out the bottom right corn of the handle. RAV4 with same handle and lock will not come out, you must remove the panel to take out the handle.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

camelgd (1st February, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Last year I simply had no choice to walk away from A mazda 3 2019, with the lock hidden behind the door handle, surprisingly maz24 R profile, the lishi tool too long to go into the lock,(the lock sort of in an downward angle) when door handle was lifted,.. I could also see the keys on the driver seat, 1 or 2 button on the side of the remote card(sorry cant remember),they even got me the key number, but it wasn't even in futura,or 2019 Ic,no airbag allowed, the buyer was coming to pick his car up, salesman panicking,had to laugh. whilst i was walking away, i was wondering not so smart after all, if you can lock the key in a not so smart ,smart car!
    Last edited by nazz2; 2nd February, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nazz2 For This Useful Post:

camelgd (2nd February, 2020), Meat-Head (27th March, 2020)

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

with the new mazda key you can get tool fully in if you wedge the handle open , but you cant get tension on the lock or turn tool at all , so taking a fair bit of metal off of the sides of the grid area is needed to get the ability to tension the lock and turn it , have to earn your corn on these . i have sent details and needed revisions to tool to get around this to them

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

camelgd (2nd February, 2020), narkeleptk (28th March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    with the new mazda key you can get tool fully in if you wedge the handle open , but you cant get tension on the lock or turn tool at all , so taking a fair bit of metal off of the sides of the grid area is needed to get the ability to tension the lock and turn it , have to earn your corn on these . i have sent details and needed revisions to tool to get around this to them
    yes it one we discussed martin
    needs a lot taken off and extended
    8 cuts in the door lock

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeyman For This Useful Post:

camelgd (2nd February, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

So im still wanting to know what model it was guys for the original car here............

And why would a stick and a bag not work in that particular case??
    Just trying to make sure we are all as up to date as possible here
    Thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

yes after yours , next day another locksmith we know had same , he passed alot of photos and succeeded in opening his , hateful job .

sleepy RZ , on this mazda as with most euro models , the vehicle is deadlocked and an airbag and rod is of little use due to deadlocks , i believe whiskeyman has some photos of the new mazda lock insitu , though not sure he would post them on an open forum or not. all the phots ive been sent on this lock have come from others so not my photos to post .
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 3rd February, 2020 at 12:14 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (27th March, 2020), narkeleptk (28th March, 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast