Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default VW JETTA '11 MED17.5.6 swap

hello everyone on DK, i had an engine control module swapped. i had read it with a ktag macro and eep and copied to a donor ecu. before doing this, i had read and saved the cs, pin of each unit. now, after copying the used unit i have a totally different pin and cs number. what happened i dont know. i am posting the original and used ecu eep and macro. maybe checksum was not done?????
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

the used ecu had a PIN 57714, CS# FEC52218E792 MAC 816A8649.........ORIG ECU HAD PIN#17184 CS# 7CE38563799200 POWER. 6A after clonning i have PIN# 21736. CS#5686C4234F8600 and MAC is F0B7DF74. KTAG is clone unit. i am confused about this. can someone help me to figure this out

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

ecu number is 07K906055G

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Hi, are you sure you read both ecu flash eeprom and save them? and after try to clone? cause i see in used ecu there is the vin of original ecu.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pouleddy View Post
    Hi, are you sure you read both ecu flash eeprom and save them? and after try to clone? cause i see in used ecu there is the vin of original ecu.
    hello, here i have the original and the used ecu readings, macro and eep, this model doesnt have the flash. i wrote the dumps back now the whole thing changed, the pin, mac and cs. i have not posted the 3rd reading, from the used clonned

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Hi, OK macro and eeprom, but let me know, your loaded micro & eeprom here of used ecu> its before or after clone?, cause i see inside the vin of the original ecu.. anyway i load eeprpm dump let give a try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pouleddy For This Useful Post:

dd1 (16th February, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hi, OK macro and eeprom, but let me know, your loaded micro & eeprom here of used ecu> its before or after clone?, cause i see inside the vin of the original ecu.. anyway i load eeprpm dump let give a try.
    do you want me to check and post the files here again?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

thank you, i will try that eep today. and posting the reading from the cloned unit that i worked. just in case

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

thank you, your file fixed my one issue. now, the cluster shows 0-2, NO KEY. and this is due my attempt to program the keys. before it was saying IMMO and now it shows NO KEY and 0-2, it has 2 keys. trying to access the cluster, no luck. the diagnostic functions are there, but fails to access for me to program the key. it sees it as VDO NEC 24C64. I tried it with immo 4, with my vvdi commander. no access, i can see the mileage but can not program it. it says wait time, 2 days i am doing this 10 min wait and nothing changes. what is my next step? thank you in advance

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

hi, this 2 keys already for this dash? and why it show 0-2 ? what is the story to show this look? i think somthing in immo data damage or the dash, first step you must dismount dash and read eeprom and put in service mode to can after by obd read the immo data to see where is your problem and after load the immo data here to check it.
    Last edited by pouleddy; 16th February, 2020 at 07:40 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

hello, before i wrote your file, i was trying to reprogram the keys, to see if that will fix the issue. but no. i wish i had not done it. the original keys, that came with a car. what is inside this cluster? eep or mcu? thank you

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

your dash 5C6 920 950 D with memory eeprom 24c64 & some dashes has 24c32, there is mcu also, but you must read eeprom to put it in service mode after by obd2 you can continue...

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i have a vvdi2, and on that vw cluster menu it has a SERVICE MODE option, via obd2. is this the same thing?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Yes by vvdi can done, but before dismount the dash to read the eeprom, save abs coding.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tothzsolt For This Useful Post:

dd1 (19th February, 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast