Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Convert Astra H Powerfold mirrors To Facelift Door Mirrors 2011

hi there people does anyone know if I can take the motors out of my old astra h power fold mirrors and put them in my new van that has the facelift mirrors so that they will powerfold in of the button on the door switch.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts

You need: switch unit from driver door, mirror unit driver door, mirror unit passenger door from old astra h with power fold mirrors.
    And if the car is not pre-wired, you must also move the electrical installation, or mount the necessary wires.
    If you need the wiring diagram, I can give it to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have all that mate I want to know if I can convert my new mirrors to powerfold basically take the electrics out my old power folds and into the facelift ones

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts

I repeat what I said. If you have all the components I listed above, you still need the car to be pre-wired. If it is not pre-wired, you must pull the necessary wires. I have the wiring diagram and I can give it to you. Or do I not understand your question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I don’t think you do I have all the wiring installed and I have the facelift mirrors on a 2011 plate van so I would like to know if I can take the motor and parts out of the original powerfold mirrors and somehow make them fit into the facelift mirrors to make them powerfold in