Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Iveco Daily BCM 2018

I have 2018 Iveco Daily to do. i have option to do dash by OBD so can anyone please tell me the procedure. Do I do dash via OBD and then remove BCM or remove BCM and then reinstall before programming dash. Thanks.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I'd say remove bcm change km obd then do bdm and install

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Don't forget to hit thanks button

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

My point is: will I be able to communicate with dash OBD with the BCM removed? And if I do dash before I remove BCM will it jump back? I'll have to try and see. If I can connect to dash OBD without BCM installed then it won't be a problem. Or maybe the mileage only jumps one way (from BCM to dash).

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I finally got to this vehicle today. I did dash OBD and sure enough it jumped straight back. My tool says: remove connector from BCM and then program dash. Then disconnect BCM and program eeprom direct. Does anyone know which connector I am supposed to remove from BCM to program dash? if i remove BCM power i cant get communication with dash so I tried disconnecting connectors one by one but that didn’t work. Either no communication or dash didn’t change. Only plugs I didn’t disconnect were the 2 at the back of the BCM because I didn’t know they were there until I removed it. It must be possible to do dash OBD because I’ve seen it on lots of kit. I just need to know the correct procedure. thanks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Some people are saying that only the BCM needs programming. Can anyone verify please.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Communication is both ways. BCM <> IPC. Always adds a higher value to both.

If you change by OBD pull plug from IPC immediately after change. You can write down 1KM. After change in BCM will automatically add new data to IPC.

Remember that there is still data in EDC.
    Iveco only.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts

Best way is to remove both ipc and bcm, edit then reinstall both.. You can put 0 in dash and it will update from bcm data... Good luck

And yes... Greyg is right either dash or body... The higher value is written into the unit
    Last edited by levisdj; 28th February, 2020 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know its old thread but wanna add some info! Ive done just bcm calibration and cluster eat lower miles from bcm so not need touch dash at all... And its not true that it takes 2 way and only copy higher miles...