Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default HOW CHANGE ECU BOSCH ME1.5.5 ??

hi, i need help to put a used ecu in opel ASTRA G year 2001, i have carprog & opcom ,
    the ecu's old and new used one are the same both are :bosch ME1.5.5 hybride.
    i need to know the correct procedure to do it ?
    regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

CARPROG read pin used and new ecu, dont reset carprog ecu ,opcom reset ecu and programing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to janusz21 For This Useful Post:

otojm (2nd March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janusz21 View Post
    CARPROG read pin used and new ecu, dont reset carprog ecu ,opcom reset ecu and programing
    Sorry i don't understand well, what you mean by:"dont reset carprog ecu ,opcom reset ecu and programing" ??Please explain !regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

To program used ecu u need 2 things. On the new second han ecu u need the pin to reset the ecu so that u can program it to your car. So with carprog u need to read pin of new ecu. Then u will use opcom to reset it. Then again u will use opcom to program this ecu into the vehicle under the cim or immobilizer or body control module depending on which opel u r working on. To program immobilizer function u need the pin of the original ecu from the vehicle. This again can be read from different modules again depending on which opel you r working on but it must be from vehicle. So u need carprog to read pin from old ecu and new ecu. New pin reset ecu. Old pin program ecu. Carprog can't do the programming. Opcom to reset new ecu and program new ecu. That's the best i can do. Hope it's clear now

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Briankotze For This Useful Post:

otojm (29th February, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Briankotze View Post
    To program used ecu u need 2 things. On the new second han ecu u need the pin to reset the ecu so that u can program it to your car. So with carprog u need to read pin of new ecu. Then u will use opcom to reset it. Then again u will use opcom to program this ecu into the vehicle under the cim or immobilizer or body control module depending on which opel u r working on. To program immobilizer function u need the pin of the original ecu from the vehicle. This again can be read from different modules again depending on which opel you r working on but it must be from vehicle. So u need carprog to read pin from old ecu and new ecu. New pin reset ecu. Old pin program ecu. Carprog can't do the programming. Opcom to reset new ecu and program new ecu. That's the best i can do. Hope it's clear now
    hi thank you for helping me , unfortenantly i can't do a reset ecu with my clone opcom !! i don't understand why? regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

There i can't help with explanation for opcom issue. I use clone fvdi for reset and reading pin. It works great on Opels

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Briankotze For This Useful Post:

otojm (6th March, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otojm View Post
    hi thank you for helping me , unfortenantly i can't do a reset ecu with my clone opcom !! i don't understand why? regards

Hello. Your opcom is a light clone. But... If you have astra g or corsa b, you just mount the spare ecu and go at immo. Hit program new ecu button and that will be all. Did it, tested it. No need carpass and stuff for that.
    Last edited by volorucinski; 3rd March, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to volorucinski For This Useful Post:

otojm (6th March, 2020)