Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Help ori/tuned bmw 320d EDC16 file differences

hi guys, i have a ori file off a friends 2007 bmw 320D. i have access to a database with ori and stage1 tuned files, i went to upload the correct tuned file for his car (same sw/hw numbers) but i noticed that the ori file i took from his ecu was 2048kb where as the one from the database was 1084kb and kess would not write the file?

i was told that some of the files are part reads and need to be copied to the ori file but i have not had to do this before!?

anyone have any info or experience with this issue please as im at a loss...

Many thanks

attatched the ori and the tuned file....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Forget this database file, my advice is learn to do your own files or get a good one from a pro and study it.
    i wouldnt consider to take time to copy these values. Here are enough people that can offer you a way more better file .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dee89 For This Useful Post:

morgano (28th February, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

bmw 320 D it probably has edc16... 2048kb

The mod file you want to upload must have an exact value kb 2048kb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes i understand that the file size must be 2048kb i was just trying to figure out what part it was missing, i tried doing a comparison in winols but it couldnt find any differences between the ori and mod :/ with exception of the checksums needed correcting....

i was just asking if anyone would care to explain what/where/how to make the changes in winols as im stuck :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Choose View, then choose reference Version and adjust Offset, Little hint from me, -10000 .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ive just done that, the begining of the ori to the mod is totally different but it still doesnt recognise any changes in comparing files :/ i just want to be able to put the file on the car its starting to annoy me now