Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default ask me about my toys

i have a lot of tools. im an auto electrician working on everything from cars to 44t+ HGV's i see a lot of people asking questions about various devices so i thought i would list mine and people can ask what i use them for how good they are etc. some are cheap some are very expensive but all serve a purpose in one way or another ;

snap on zeus
    autel maxysis elite
    Jaltest
    Davie (DAF)
    iveco mdi
    mancats t200
    vocom (volvo/renault hgv)
    scania mdi
    tech2 / tis200 (clone)
    ford ids (clone)
    clip renault (clone)
    opcom (clone)
    c5 xentry das (clone)
    xprog (clone)
    carprog (clone)
    iprog+(clone)
    kess (clone)
    ktag (clone)
    galletto (clone)
    autel maxidiag
    vagcom (clone)
    bmw impa+ cables (clone)
    delphi (clone)
    diagbox (clone)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAN Diagnostic For This Useful Post:

oldwest1971 (30th October, 2023), yamahar1 (11th March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

hi
    thanks for sharing. which ones works best for airbag? which ones are the cheapest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

not much diff between carprog and iprog+ carport is cheaper if you go clone if you can adapt the files then xprog can read many of the chips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have lots of questions! Where do you source your dealer tools for the like of Daf, volvo, Man etc?

I'm looking for a tool to start with EEPROM work, is the xprog a good choice? Where did you get your clone?

Can you extract key and/or encryption codes from Scania coordinators using eeprom?

have you had any luck using EEPROM with the Euro 6 Volvo Renault Ecus?

i have more but that's enough for now!

regards,
    Carl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What of these tools are essential to help clients get going again? From ECU diags, BSI checks and Key Coding / immobilizer checking.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

iprog+(clone) ... worth of money ? i'm thinking to buy one , i already have carprog.. of course clone both .
    Tempus Omnia Revelat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi CAN Diagnostic,
    Thank you for sharing, what abour MANCATS with T200 interface?
    thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by CAN Diagnostic View Post
    i have a lot of tools. im an auto electrician working on everything from cars to 44t+ HGV's i see a lot of people asking questions about various devices so i thought i would list mine and people can ask what i use them for how good they are etc. some are cheap some are very expensive but all serve a purpose in one way or another ;

snap on zeus
    autel maxysis elite
    Jaltest
    Davie (DAF)
    iveco mdi
    mancats t200
    vocom (volvo/renault hgv)
    scania mdi
    tech2 / tis200 (clone)
    ford ids (clone)
    clip renault (clone)
    opcom (clone)
    c5 xentry das (clone)
    xprog (clone)
    carprog (clone)
    iprog+(clone)
    kess (clone)
    ktag (clone)
    galletto (clone)
    autel maxidiag
    vagcom (clone)
    bmw impa+ cables (clone)
    delphi (clone)
    diagbox (clone)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Thank you for sharing with us.
    I will try to bring this thread from a dead.

As for a beginner looking around, what is the tool that you would start with? (mainly for reading and writing memory of the engine ECU / DME in order to learn and do stuff for myself)
    I have found too many options and I am looping around, and do not know which route to go.

My target group is going to be older BMW's like E36, E46 with high CC petrol engines (ECU - SIEMENS MS41, MS42, MS43) {this is not really necessary as there are tools already in the market i have few blueprints for that}
    and nice to have or necessary would be to have newer BMW's support as well. For instance E90 (ECU - SIEMENS MSD80), F30/G20 (ECU - BOSCH MG1) so i could bench unlock ECU's for OBD access.
    I know there are expensive original tools that can do that and have huge databases but it is expensive and they usually have subscription model which for personal hobby use is not great deal...

I think my priority would be a tool to do a bench stuff.

I have no idea of such device exists, The advantage would be that particular device can be used as high-level access tool (original companion software with read/write buttons, easy to use, no deep dive) and in case i want to do research/learning it could be used for low-level stuff (trough python library or other tool out there, direct communication with ECU itself by a CAN connection points, so i can send and receive packets, try to find signature vulnerabilities or try to reproduce known exploits by bits and stuff like that). In case that device does not exist, can somebody suggest then 2 tools? (one for high-level use and other one for low-level).

Appreciate any answer.