Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Passat 2006 1.9TDI column steering lock defective

Hei guys,
    I live in Norway and recently my steering wheel got stuck with the error "Steering column lock defective".
    The dashboard is dead and i only have a steering wheel icon in red color.
    I tried tutorials from youtube about soldering the microswitches. it worked for a few days then it was dead again.
    I tried soldering again but as i`m not an expert nor have proper tools, i messed the board up.
    I then, turned to dealership which ordered a new steering lock module and tried to program it but they also "burned" the box.
    Now, they say the box is on them but if i want the car to be fixed, i need them to buy the box again and the comfort module.
    This will sum up to about 2000Euro and the value of the car is about the same. 2006 1.9tdi

My questions:
    is there any way i can fix this myself?
    will it work if i go to scrap and find identical car and remove comfort module and steering lock and mount them on my passat?
    do i need something else?
    Do they still need programming?
    Do i need to swap the ECU also?
    do i need the keys from the scrap car?
    do i need the ignition box from the scrap car?
    can anyone tell me the OEM part number for the 2006 passat 1.9tdi comfort control module?
    Please help with as detailed instructions as possible on how i can do this myself.
    Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello .. Good night.Do you still have the original steering lock that you ruined? If you have it, you can read the data on it and copy it to a used one, then you can mount it on the car and give it to the key ... Basically, it is to make a clone ... This is what I usually do on the steering locks of audi a6 4f !!! Any questions I will be at your disposal hug from Portugal
    Hello .. Good night.Do you still have the original steering lock that you ruined? If you have it, you can read the data on it and copy it to a used one, then you can mount it on the car and give it to the key ... Basically, it is to make a clone ... This is what I usually do on the steering locks of audi a6 4f !!! Any questions I will be at your disposal hug from Portugal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ovegeta View Post

Awesome. i`d like to know how to clone the steering column lock.
    Do i need to buy a new unit? or i can use a second hand one?
    Thank you for your answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good evening. You can buy a second hand. Then you can clone with VVDI Prog (this is the one I use and explains how to make the connection). The steps and do are:
    1- connect the original to the VVDI PROG and read the EEPROM and FLASH.
    2- connect the used one you buy and write the ORIGINAL EEPROM and FLASH.
    3- Place the cloned unit in the car and test.

P.S.- it is a very easy process, just for that you have access to the machine that I indicated and that you have some experience in soldering to tin.
    There is also the possibility of adapting / synchronizing the one used with FVDI Abrites which despite having this machine as well, I never tried it, however the process will be the same as VVDI PROG with the advantage of being able to do it via OBD if you can communicate with the original of your car ...
    If you have any difficulties you can always send me the two units properly identified and I will clone the one used for your car. I know that I am from a long way away and that you will be without a car for some time but it is the only way I can help you.
    Good evening. You can buy a second hand. Then you can clone with VVDI Prog (this is the one I use and explains how to make the connection). The steps and do are:1- connect the original to the VVDI PROG and read the EEPROM and FLASH.2- connect the used one you buy and write the ORIGINAL EEPROM and FLASH.3- Place the cloned unit in the car and test.P.S.- it is a very easy process, just for that you have access to the machine that I indicated and that you have some experience in soldering to tin.There is also the possibility of adapting / synchronizing the one used with FVDI Abrites which despite having this machine as well, I never tried it, however the process will be the same as VVDI PROG with the advantage of being able to do it via OBD if you can communicate with the original of your car ...If you have any difficulties you can always send me the two units properly identified and I will clone the one used for your car. I know that I am from a long way away and that you will be without a car for some time but it is the only way I can help you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the answer. Is there any way to delete the imobilizer from ECU using just software?
    I mean, if i read the ECU and send someone the file, can the immo be deleted from it?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

It’s no point to read, clone and other shi.... t. The new steering lock is just 80€. Just fit, program and forget.
    Csc Performance.
    Performance tuning file service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris81orzesze View Post
    It’s no point to read, clone and other shi.... t. The new steering lock is just 80€. Just fit, program and forget.
    In Norway, that costs about 220E plus coding plus labor time. I gave the car to a VW dealer and they "burned" 2 steering column locks and quoted me 700E and the car still doesn`t work and they insist that the comfort/control module must be changed too (that itself costs another 700E plus another new steering column lock, plus coding, plus labour time) so ..... i`m looking for alternatives
    Last edited by inebunit2; 27th March, 2020 at 05:15 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Go stalk DK member “Z786” I believe he simply joins the THICK WHITE/RED TO THIN WHITE/RED

using an insulator displacement connector (I Dont Care)

no warranty with this information

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid