Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, looked a bit closer, part numbers vary slightly, but in general they look similar.

Comparison can be seen in attached photos, the one with broken sticker is from my 206.

Btw, if i would like to try that box without any promming, what ECUs should I disconnect first (to avoid any mileage alternations)? Instrument cluster and engine ECU at least?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Status update: Both BSIs have similar boards, but software differs (as expected) and car got in some sort of failsafe mode with salvage unit.

Still no comms with PP or Lexia, tried also with C3 setups (checked car from servicebox with VIN). So issue remains.

Tried also with minimum setup: Connected only 2-pin thick leads connector, 2-pin connector from ignition, green 16-pin connector and jump lead from black 40-pin connector pin #7 to OBD pin #11. No comms with PP...

Btw, is anyone here that can decode PIN from VIN? Managed to read the salvage unit's eeprom with upa, but would rather not mess with current unit because car runs fine... Ordered another BSI unit with same part numbers, let's see what happens.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Hi,new unit you need to program or swap eeprom dump
    All in car is fine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synkrotronic View Post
    Hi,new unit you need to program or swap eeprom dump
    All in car is fine?

If you mean that C3 unit, that is currently on my shelf... Probably would be OK if swapped MCUs, but because car is my daily driver I did not mess with currently (almost) working unit. Direct BSI swap did not work at all...

Edit: I apologize for my lingual understanding...
    I also tried by erasing the eeprom (which should virginize the unit according to multiple sources), but nothing. At least I hoped that PP (or Lexia) could read faults, but no dialogue whatsoever...

Car runs and drives OK with original BSI (apart from A/C (no gasses) and DRL (conf issue?)), just no comms with PP. Two interfaces tested currently...
    Last edited by ekidekidei; 18th May, 2020 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally got the comms sorted. It was the Lexia interface after all. The second one was rev B unit (although sold as rev C) and it did communicate with ABS and engine. With the proper device (V50 rev c board) all ecus are communicating, VIN recognized. Got the DRL enabled and new original radio coded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12