Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

Default Citroen C3 9829442880 with SPC560P50

Hi friends. Please help with clearing this file of Citroen C3. Module numbers are 9829442880. Memory SPC560P50.
    Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,060 Posts

here you go

pass in pm

br

slick
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “There's nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” ― Banksy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slick_dick For This Useful Post:

credoline (26th March, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Hi

The airbag files for citroen cars seems to be locked to Vin numbers. I was wondering how the airbag files could be virginised or this file changed so as it could be used for another car. Would hex editing of the file and modifying the vin number work? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

hello,
    not all of them locked to a vin. but yes some do. Airbag service Tool from cpt lets you change vins in some. im not sure if you can change from hex a editor software.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

You can edit with some hex editor, beside VIN you must find and checksum for VIN and rewrite all this from ori file.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Hi

The airbag files for citroen cars seems to be locked to Vin numbers. I was wondering how the airbag files could be virginised or this file changed so as it could be used for another car. Would hex editing of the file and modifying the vin number work? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Hello
    Thanks for the reply.That is the VIN number I got with the Winhex VF7SWYHYPKT564937 it is composed of 17 figures however when i tried to check it using vin checker it said it was from a Citroen but was not able to obtain more info.

Would it be possible for credoline to confirm the vin?

Also can you can anyone guide me how to modify the hex file so that checksum remains same. Let us take this VIN number as example VF7SWYHYPKT564938 i have modified only the last digit.

I have once installed a new Airbag module for a citroen and the new module was not locked to any VIN however after installing in the car the module got locked to that car once installation was completed. I made the mistake of leaving it to Left hand drive and even with Lexia could not change it to Right hand drive.

Is there anyway to reprogram an airbag module to its original new condition?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

I think in my file there is not checksum. When the file have checksum for VIN its ussually after VIN number, 2 bytes in same line or line after. So, you copy comlete line and next line, its depend. If looks lke checksum to me, i do copy.
    Yes, that is VIN. Forget VIN checker.
    When you buy new module, read ori virgin file from new moudle and you will have it to use for any other module whihc is not new but same type.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Thanks for your reply. However changing a single byte will change the checksum drastically. I don't know if it will check only the checksum of the vin or the whole file.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    926 Posts

VIN have own checksum, ususally 2 bytes. But here have not.