Register
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default AutoProPad (US version of XTool)

I couldn't find thread specific to AutoPadPro so I thought I could start it. What works, what doesn't, general feedback, tips and tricks.
    I just bought AutoProPad Basic and have mixed feelings about it so far. First of all, UHS Hardware sent me old stock unit (manufactured September 2019) without telling me that this unit needed recall repair. When I've tried to call and talk to them, they kinda "disappeared". How nice!
    Anyway, contacted company which does warranty repairs, they confirmed that unit needs to be sent for recall repair. But with crazy virus situation right now, I don't want to take a chance, will wait till dust will settle. As far as I know, recall only related to GM vehicles so everything else should be fine.
    Other thing I've noticed so far - battery dies very quickly even when completely powered off. Not sure why.

So far I used it on few simple cars: Chryslers - 2013 Dodge RAM, 2008 PT Cruiser - pulled PIN and added key with no problems, Toyota Matrix (2006), Pontiac Vibe 2008 (Canadian version, key with transponder, under 2005-2010 Corolla) - add key - done in 1 min.

There was strange option choice when I was adding key to 2008 PT Cruiser - "add old key". Is this for adding key which previously was programmed to this car and then deleted or locked key from other car can be programmed using this option? I had unlocked key in hands so I didn't try, just curious.

* 2001 Audi A6 add key - correct PIN code was pulled from both dash and engine modules, programmed key OK, programmed remote OK.
    * 2012 Acura TL (NA) - USED smart key added no problem. For some models it's hard to find information so here it is - key M3N5WY8145 is re-usable without unlocking.
    * 2013 Ford Explorer (blade key) - second key programmed OK, 9 min wait.
    * 2004 Lexus GX470. Guy came with just valet key, so I could either copy his chip or program new master key as "AKL". Did AKL - it took 5 seconds (!) to program new master key. Impressed.
    * 2002 Lexus SC430. Guy came with just valet key. Did "all keys lost", took 5 sec, programmed new master key and valet key.
    * 2007 Nissan Altima add smart key - 2min, auto PIN, very easy (it probably would take longer to select right option, read PIN etc. on SKP900).
    * 2008 Infiniti EX35 add smart key - 2 min, auto PIN, very easy)
    * 2006 Toyota Matrix add key - OK
    * 2009 Toyota Matrix add key - OK, 1 min wait.
    * 2015 Dodge Caravan add fobik - OK (didn't recognize van automatically, had manually choose year-model).
    * 2013 Dodge RAM add fobik - OK
    * 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser - pulled PIN and added key with no problems
    * 2008 Pontiac Vibe (Canadian version, key with transponder, under 2005-2010 Corolla) - add key - done in 1 min.
    * 2014 Subaru Crosstrek, 4D ID82 chip (not smart key). Add key - ok, add remote - ok.
    * 2000 VW Jetta MK IV (add key) - PIN pulled and key programmed under 5 min. BTW, Lonsdor totally messed up on this. I've tried it first. It pulled PIN ok (even though it took a while), then failed to login into dashboard. Strangely enough, it did login some other way (25-Immo, I think), and even offered to program keys. After cycling the keys car started, but immo light kept flashing and wouldn't stop flashing no matter what I would try. So I grabbed AutoProPad - read PIN ok (fast), login into dashboard - success, keys programmed - all under 5 min. Immo light went off, all good.
    * 2005 VW Golf MK IV (add key) - PIN pulled and key programmed under 5 min.
    * 2017 Ford Escape (NA), ignition start, add key. Remote key programmed in less than 2 minutes.

Not working:
    * 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer (canadian) - program remote (under Type 1) failed. Keep in mind - original remote gets disconnected as well on these cars in case of unsuccessful programming attempt.
    * 2005 Jaguar X-Type key add - fail. At the end shows some code (like 9F121A) and offers to send it to XTooltech.com (where exactly??) in order to receive PIN. What? I'm sitting with customer and need it done NOW, what are they talking about? Lonsdor finished the job
    * 2008 Kia Sedona remote programming - fail. Apperently, this vehicle has slightly different system and procedure comparing to other Kia models, and I couldn't find right option in AutoProPad for it. Tried everything I could find - no luck. im508 did the job.
    * 2008 Saturn Astra - PIN code reading - fail, tried under Saturn and Opel. I was able to read PIN with Lonsdor (under Opel, not Saturn).
    Last edited by ranchero; 10th January, 2021 at 01:23 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

As far as I can see, that thread is for all variants of XTool. Let's make this thread specific to AutoProPad for US market, with all related to this tool information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

recall repair?
    thats sketchy as hell

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

Ranchero I’m the founder and developer of the software for the USA market. It all started 5year back with me asking the forum about a tool called ps90 (no one knew about the tool or company). AutoProPad was the 4th gen. of the original tool ps90,PS80, PS80L, AutoProPad,) after a Mexican clone as China claims. A contract was form to create a basic to be sold in a different region.
    basic will no work with kc200. Tool does work on the AutoProPad, the basic lacks in the hardware made for a different region. The tool is on the way down, they left me out of the contract to line there pockets. April 23 will be 1 year since I walk away from the project and they have not recovered. Nothing new or development being added.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

milehighlockdoc (11th September, 2020), ranchero (2nd April, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts

Well not nothing.......but definitely a nosedive Since you left
    The thanks button is HERE looks like this --->>> THANKS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    Ranchero I’m the founder and developer of the software for the USA market. It all started 5year back with me asking the forum about a tool called ps90 (no one knew about the tool or company). AutoProPad was the 4th gen. of the original tool ps90,PS80, PS80L, AutoProPad,) after a Mexican clone as China claims. A contract was form to create a basic to be sold in a different region.
    basic will no work with kc200. Tool does work on the AutoProPad, the basic lacks in the hardware made for a different region. The tool is on the way down, they left me out of the contract to line there pockets. April 23 will be 1 year since I walk away from the project and they have not recovered. Nothing new or development being added.
    Thanks for all your hard work with the Auto Pro Pad.

I was wondering if you would still recommend the Auto Pro Pad or if there was a different device you would recommend. Im in North America and currently have an ikey820, ck-200, SKP900 but looking for more coverage on NA vehicles and Kia/Hyundai . Not looking for BWM,Mercedes.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

Xtooltech is reaching for my help once again. I have not made any decision as of yet. Tool is worth the investment, they just need a locksmith to run the developments.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

michaeleschmidt (5th April, 2020), milehighlockdoc (19th April, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

I hope they offer you a boat-load of money. You are worth every penny they could come up with!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camelgd For This Useful Post:

milehighlockdoc (19th April, 2020), ray-ray (31st March, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xtooltech is reaching for my help once again. I have not made any decision as of yet. Tool is worth the investment, they just need a locksmith to run the developments.

After reading your comment I decided to pull the trigger, managed to find a great deal on the Full Auto Pro Pad too.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks for information. Well, too bad Basic doesn't work with KC-200, but so far I should say it doesn't look too bad on simple cars. I like "auto detect system type" for many cars, great feature for lazy guys. I should say that most of the cars that I did so far with AutoProPad could be done even with SKP900, but AutoProPad is easier.
    Too bad that development slowed down or stopped, but considering it's not crazy expensive (I paid $800) I think it's worth it.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

*2004 Lexus GX470. Guy came with just valet key, so I could either copy his chip or program new master key as "AKL". Did AKL - it took 5 seconds (!) to program new master key. Impressed.
    *2007 Nissan Altima add smart key - 2min, auto PIN, very easy (it probably would take longer to select right option, read PIN etc. on SKP900).
    *2009 Toyota Matrix add key - OK, 1 min wait.
    *2015 Dodge Caravan add fobik - OK (didn't recognize van automatically, had manually choose year-model).

Before AutoProPad in most cases I preferred just to copy chip, to save time and hassle. Now I'm programming new chip in most cases, just because it's very easy.
    Last edited by ranchero; 21st April, 2020 at 10:59 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

Made by a working locksmith, sold to other locksmith. Support by a group of locksmith and social media.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

michaeleschmidt (9th April, 2020)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

First disappointment today.
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer (canadian). Programming remote. Type 1 is the only one that works. It asks for standard security code, then it looks like it's going into programming mode, telling to do standard procedure - hold lock+unlock till LED blinks 3 times, then click and release unlock. Tried few times with VVDI remote and with original key (which was working). Result - VVDI not programmed, original remote not working anymore. Really disappointing.
    Grabbed Lonsdor 518iSE - same procedure, everything worked on the first try, both VVDI and original remote programmed.
    Last edited by ranchero; 5th May, 2020 at 07:38 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,206 Posts

I have them check sometime on Mitsubishi go under Israel region it seem to work better.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast