Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default mini cooper cas3+

i have a customer with a 2012 mini cooper cas3+, its an all keys lost situation and hes already had another guy out who told him he could not communicate with the immobiliser. Dont know what system he used but anyway.

bmw/mini is something i never really have to work on so ive tried to do a bit of resarch on it. I have vvdi prog and lonsdor k518se is it possible for me to read the cas module via vvdi prog and then use the lonsdor to program a new key ??

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

read cas with vvdiprog,and read ecu isn,little hard to remove cas but not is dramatic,but you must know now history from car,maybe someone before you tray read cas via obd and now cas is death!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxMin For This Useful Post:

keyhacker (4th April, 2020)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

then do i load the cas file on to the lonsdor and write via obd or what ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hi there you have a few options and scenarios here

yes it would be possible for you to read cas unit with vvdi prog and program with lonsdor cas unit is tricky to get to located on top of dash to the right of the speedo and top of dasb will need to be remobed to access cas but once ouy is simole to read with vvdi prog solder 4/5 wires to board.

If the vehicle has had the istap update then akl with lonsdor may not be posible and you may need tango or vvdi to complete the job.

It is possible to program via obd with lonsdor but you would need to downgrade the cas via obd when you read the immo data will prompt you on lonsdor to update as they call it but you MUST have battery support on the car when you do this a battery support unit is best if you dont have one a good set on jump leads to another vehicle which should be running to keeep the voltage stable as can take up to 25 minutes. Lonsdor will prompt you to remove cas and back up immo before doing this read eeprom and flash of mcu with vvdi prog first so you will always have a back up. A lot of people do not like downgrading cas via obd as if something goes wrong a voltage drop or crash can damage the cas.

Cas can be repaired so whatever happens it is sortable repairing the flash or data without costing £££ buying a new cas.

Worse cas scenario previous locksmith has tried to downgrade cas via obd and f***** it so my advice would be to check (so you do not get the blame) before pluging any of your programmers or removing anything off the car that the interior lights work and dash comes on and ignition warning on dash when button pressed. If these do not come on and electrics appear to be dead this is because the cas data is damage and not functioning.

If damaged data will need to be repaired first.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrcarkey For This Useful Post:

crankycarl (6th April, 2020), fred77 (2nd April, 2023), iozo (4th April, 2020), keyhacker (4th April, 2020), Unl0cker (24th April, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

2012 CAS3+ , impossible by OBD2 ( for VVDI2 LONSDOR CGDI .... ) need to remove cas3+ : 3/4 hours job , read MCU , read ECU ISN .....
    LET IT DOWN ! STAY AT HOME

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TERMINATOR1000 For This Useful Post:

vialli (4th April, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Check electrics first..... plug in your lonsdor and try to read key data and see if it prompts you to update cas first. have done 2013 mini this way obd

If cas is dead then pm me can help you and send you flash or repair file for you.

Regards

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrcarkey For This Useful Post:

keyhacker (4th April, 2020), vialli (4th April, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcarkey View Post
    have done 2013 mini this way obd

AKL + 2013 + bmw + LONSDOR = 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TERMINATOR1000 View Post
    AKL + 2013 + bmw + LONSDOR = 0
    And do you personally know without seeing the car and plugging into into what version software the cas has on it and it has not been downgraded before? No..... the guy has stated he is a newbie to bmw keys so advice to first plug in check cas sortware version and if possible via obd there is no need to read cas or mcu if can be avoided.

But ok terminator 1000 keep blasting peoples post

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcarkey View Post
    And do you personally know without seeing the car and plugging into into what version software the cas has on it and it has not been downgraded before? No..... the guy has stated he is a newbie to bmw keys so advice to first plug in check cas sortware version and if possible via obd there is no need to read cas or mcu if can be avoided.

But ok terminator 1000 keep blasting peoples post

No Sir
    Serie 1 2008+ , X1 , Mini cooper are the most stolen cars ( and the most protected CAS3+ VERSION ISTA.P 53+ )
    If you have one KEY ( or ECU ISN ) + MCU D.flash you can do every CAS3+
    time to dismantle CAS3 module is about 2h30
    just not an good job for money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TERMINATOR1000 View Post
    No Sir
    Serie 1 2008+ , X1 , Mini cooper are the most stolen cars ( and the most protected CAS3+ VERSION ISTA.P 53+ )
    If you have one KEY ( or ECU ISN ) + MCU D.flash you can do every CAS3+
    time to dismantle CAS3 module is about 2h30
    just not an good job for money
    No sir

The car may not even have this version sotware on it it may have been downgraded already..... had a key done before the car is 7 YEARS OLD now so lots of things are possible i have done a 2013 mini OBD fact it had obviousley already been down graded or never had the ista p update from the factory so have no reason to lie when trying to help someone.....

You post clearly want to put him off or sacre him into not doing the job.

2h 30 minutes to disasemble cas? no sir
    Are you using chopsticks to do this?

A competent person with plastic trim tools and torx screwdrivers can take the top of dash of and remove cas is 30 minutes or less

If you have the right tools especially a small mini ratchet to take a torx20 then you can not even remove all the top dash just losen off most of the top remove air vents and a couple of tricky screws in the middle top dash vents by windscreen and right hand side and get your hand in and un plug and remove the 1 t20 that holds cas in.

Is not a difficult job and can charge a good price to do this job as most locksmiths run a mile .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

It's all about knowing your tools and knowing their, and your, capabilities.

Why would someone with no BMW/Mini experience even contemplate attending this all keys lost, with a previous failure and description of communication problems?

Leave it to someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's just a CAS3+ all keys lost. Just a bit of a pain to get to, 30-45 minutes after you've done a couple - and maybe an eeprom recovery too.
    Last edited by PixelsFixed; 4th April, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PixelsFixed For This Useful Post:

bearheroes (6th April, 2020)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Worse cas scenario previous locksmith has tried to downgrade cas via obd and f***** it so my advice would be to check (so you do not get the blame) before pluging any of your programmers or removing anything off the car that the interior lights work and dash comes on and ignition warning on dash when button pressed. If these do not come on and electrics appear to be dead this is because the cas data is damage and not functioning.

this is nice way to help, to tell him how to prevent him self from custumers lies and other locksmish mistake. I appriciate it !

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

You need better tools for cas3+.
    Lonsdor is not gonna help you to write the key. You have no tools to read isn so... better leave the job to someone else!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PixelsFixed View Post
    It's all about knowing your tools and knowing their, and your, capabilities.

Why would someone with no BMW/Mini experience even contemplate attending this all keys lost, with a previous failure and description of communication problems?

Leave it to someone who knows how to do it and more importantly, how to fix it.

At the end of the day, it's just a CAS3+ all keys lost. Just a bit of a pain to get to, 30-45 minutes after you've done a couple - and maybe an eeprom recovery too.
    and how do you get experience?? how did all you masterfull people get your experience and do you first mini akl?? by trying to do one no?

this forum is to help people and to share experience and knowledge not to tell people to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing? is this a joke

and then to type at the end of the day ITS JUST A CAS3+ i bet it was not just that the first time you tried to do one with no experience and made the mistakes we all have to get our experience. everyone who does bmw keys has bricked a cas or damaged data.

go and do the job keyhacker and i will help you anyway i can pm me if you are stuck and if cas is damaged send me the flash and eeprom files and ill fix them for you and send straight back.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mrcarkey For This Useful Post:

ASCM (7th April, 2020), Fieldsy041011 (5th April, 2020), keyhacker (11th April, 2020), scotlock (5th April, 2020), triak88 (3rd April, 2023), vialli (5th April, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comizelu View Post
    You need better tools for cas3+.
    Lonsdor is not gonna help you to write the key. You have no tools to read isn so... better leave the job to someone else!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
    You have vvdi prog this will read isn if you needed it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast