Range Rover Sport CJB (BCM) virginse
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Range Rover Sport CJB (BCM) virginse

Hi Guys

I need to change VIN/virginise used Land rover Sport/Discovery 3 CJB (BCM). I have re-flashed with SDD and Nanocom, but still holds the old vehicle VIN in part of it and imobilser light flashes with ignition on, the same as when off.

We have Autel 608, JLR SDD, Nanocom, VVDI Prog and iProg v84.

Any ideas and help would be very apriciated?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesclegg For This Useful Post:

maurineu (4th January, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Read with VVDI Prog, edit both vin numbers to vehicle and re flash to unit. Program a key (or use file from old ecu if it has keys and working). Sync with IID or simular. Edit CCF then put back the same. Leave ignition off for one minute.

Worked for me on 4 vehicles so far.

If it helps.......

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jamesclegg For This Useful Post:

clauberty (16th January, 2021), electromech (Today), Fallen (27th February, 2021), GameTheoryOptimal (6th January, 2022), maurineu (4th January, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesclegg View Post
    Read with VVDI Prog, edit both vin numbers to vehicle and re flash to unit. Program a key (or use file from old ecu if it has keys and working). Sync with IID or simular. Edit CCF then put back the same. Leave ignition off for one minute.

Worked for me on 4 vehicles so far.

If it helps.......
    Hi, i have seen your answer about changing the VIN on a range rover sport , im not very experienced on using this tools, so say i only have vvdi prog and sdd jlr working well.
    Do i read the pic18f6620 in the inmobilizer menu, then (i have seen a dump around this forum, still did not get the vvdi arrived) then as far as i can see the VIn comes twice in that dump, i have to change that two and just rewrite it to the bcm?
    Then the keys, the keys in this bcm worked before and still programming ok with remotes working and all, the only thing that stops the car starting( sdd says) its the different VIN, the software for the actual VIn on the car its already loaded, should start like that or its something else to do before?
    Happy new year and thank you very much for contributing in the forum, i just going to thank you in that thread, you already helped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sorry for delay with answers.

I soldered the VVDI prog (as instructed by VVDI prog software) to original BCM and read file and saved to PC. I Then did the same with used/replacment bcm. I read and backed up the used/replacment bcm (incase of issues). I then wrote the file/s from original BCM on to the used/replacment BCM. The original keys from vehicle then work.

Many devices will read/write the bcm, but i found vvdi prog was the easiest and best overall.

I have also edit files from bcm (atleast 2x vin numbers) using Iprog+ clone software. I found this the easiest and cheapest.

IM608, IID, IID pro, Nano Com, etc will write/add keys. Thay are also ok at backing up the CCF files. GAP IID tool pro is very good for all of this and has amazing support for the money.

Always back up CCF. From instrument cluster/clocks, if you can not from BCM. Cluster is the boss of immobiliser system!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesclegg For This Useful Post:

GameTheoryOptimal (6th January, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

D3 RRS CEM BCM.jpg

VVDI wirring diagram if it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I had to manually search for the vin numbers in all the files that vvdi prog read. I used Iprog + Pro clone software to do this and i aslo changed the mileage to zero if i could find it. I did not read or write with Iprog, i only used the software to edit the files. I then Read/wrote/flashed to original and replacement bcm/cem with VVDI prog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesclegg For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (28th February, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys

Need help please.
    I am trying to change CJB on disocvery 3/range rover sport with VVDI prog.
    I have been able to:
    1...Read the file(1kb), save it
    2...Change the 2 vin numbers on the file, as shown in the picture
    3...Write the file
    But when I put the CJB back in the vehicle it still sees the old VIN number of the CJB and not the programmed number.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot (2).jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello. How edit vin in iprog software?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Hi please give more info regarding which CJB as well as which chip?
    Fcuk up now............... ask questions later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could you help me for vin change?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesclegg View Post
    Sorry for delay with answers.

I soldered the VVDI prog (as instructed by VVDI prog software) to original BCM and read file and saved to PC. I Then did the same with used/replacment bcm. I read and backed up the used/replacment bcm (incase of issues). I then wrote the file/s from original BCM on to the used/replacment BCM. The original keys from vehicle then work.

Many devices will read/write the bcm, but i found vvdi prog was the easiest and best overall.

I have also edit files from bcm (atleast 2x vin numbers) using Iprog+ clone software. I found this the easiest and cheapest.

IM608, IID, IID pro, Nano Com, etc will write/add keys. Thay are also ok at backing up the CCF files. GAP IID tool pro is very good for all of this and has amazing support for the money.

Always back up CCF. From instrument cluster/clocks, if you can not from BCM. Cluster is the boss of immobiliser system!
    So, I've fried my bcm and can't get a reading of the eprom. Would it be possible to use the cluster file in some way to make my spare used bcm work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

delete mistake
    Last edited by shimekvrn; 20th November, 2023 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi would this work on a 2014 range rover vogue?

If so could you tell me what hardware/software i need please