Android App to control home automation.
Register
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Android App to control home automation.

Hi guys,

I build a prototype that can control home appliances via internet connection but the downside of this prototype is that i have to do port forwarding on my router, also use some DDNS cuz ip changes every week or so ... I was wondering if a cloud based server or something can help me a bit more so i don t need to use my router ip to send commands for the appliances.

I'm thinking to something like this :

My prototype connects to ----------->>>>> cloud based server <<<<<<<<---------- My phone connects to cloud based server

When I send a command from the app to go through the cloud based server and from there to the prototype. Maybe a P2P architecture or something ?

Suggestions are much appreciated as i don t know where to start researching this

Thanks !

Top Poster

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are routers that have implemented such a native solution. For example, RouterOS from Mikrotik have an external access solution such as "xxxxxxxx.sn.mynetname.net", where "xxxxxxxxxx" is the router's serial number. I'm sure other routers have such solutions, but I haven't worked with them and I don't know them. But this solution does not exempt you from port forwarding rules.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

will check this aswell maybe a new bulb lights up !