Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Question 2011 Jeep Wrangler TIPM repair guide

Hello I am curious if anyone here has a guide or repair info on how to repair 2011 jeep wrangler tipm/fuse box. left side low beam is not working only. Already checked wiring and fuses looks like TIPM is the issue.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,813 Posts

1. Make sure the bulb is good for the affected light.
    2. Reset any codes in the TIPM.

If the TIPM detects an open bulb it will shut down the circuit until you clear the code.

They also burned out traces, had failed relays, etc. If it is none of the above, then it may be the MOSFET that controls the circuit.

Worst design they ever had.
    Please DO NOT PM me asking for help.

Post in the forum, that is what it is here for.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

The vehicle is question has aftermarket LED headlights installed. The high beam on that side work but the low beam does not. That vehicle has only 3 wires going to the headlight,1 common ground and 1 wire each for low and high beam. I am not getting any voltage on the low beam at all or very little roughly 2-3volts. Do you have any pictures of the location of the mosfet or burnt out trace?? I though if trae was burnt out you would not have turn signals either no??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,813 Posts

How would headlights affect the turn signals?

If it has aftermarket crap in it, then all bets are off, very easy to fry an expensive TIPM by adding things that it wasn't engineered for.

Put the proper bulbs in it then reset the TIP with an uplevel scantool and see if it comes alive.

Sorry, no pictures, and no info of the inside of the TIPM, if you are dead set against repairing it you will have to open it up, trace the circuit, and do some diagnosing.

If it was me I wouldn't bother trying, just send them to the dealer for an expensive lesson.
    Please DO NOT PM me asking for help.

Post in the forum, that is what it is here for.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

This is NOT my personal vehicle, its a friends car that I got kinda stuck with last minute. As far as the turn signals go this is just information that I have heard or read I'm not saying its true just something that was passed along to me may be in accurate as it doesnt make sense to me either since the headlight has 3 wires and nothing else regarding turn signals perhaps it was for different model or older. Either way they do rebuild these modules and fix the burnt traces I would much rather repair than replace with another new MOPAR inferior part. Looks like TIPM could not power a ~~~~ing candle let alone anything its designed for. Thanks for the info I think I will take it apart and test. I will try to post some picture and possibly post for anyone that might run into such a issue.