Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Default Opel meriva b ecu Delco 87 replace

Hi to all! Need replace ECU Opel meriva B 2012 Delco 87 1.7CDTI, may be someone do it procedure before, need clone it or reset and programm?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Use Opcom and reset the new ecu. You need the security code from the vehicle of the donor ecu and security code of your vehicle. Check the documents folder of both vehicles for the codes, if not there request from the nearest dealer which costs about 20 quid for each code. When reset go into the immobiliser and code in the ecm installed only.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darrenhyland For This Useful Post:

motor25 (26th May, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keturi For This Useful Post:

motor25 (26th May, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

O thank you, very fast 1 min), Im replace not one opel ECU by extract old+new pin, reset used ECU and add it to car, or replace used SPS online, but it’s ACDelco 87, and before post this topic I read many already posts topics, were people said that it’s not so easy, did you replace this ECU with practice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

Its easy . I changed mine , but with an ECU buyed from a auto dismantling , and in this case with Abrites FVDI i mount the second ECU on my car and i got the PIN from this second hand ECU , and after that is necesary to reset that ECU before reprogramming . Maybe this help you better : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70mteUUUzjg

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Oh, thank you for video, its ACDelco 87 1.7cdti? You do it on this ecu and engine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by motor25 View Post
    Oh, thank you for video, its ACDelco 87 1.7cdti? You do it on this ecu and engine?
    It doesn’t look like it was an ACDelco E87 ecu in his YouTube video. Did you manage to do yours? I have one, which I need to get a replacement, but am having difficulty finding one with both numbers on ecu the same. I have had to obtain the security code via vauxhall(psa account) when checking for a software update. I think if I had exactly the same part numbers I could sps the replacement. I had no luck with avid reading code. I think ioTerminal seems to be the best tool for cloning and some report genuine ktag cloning ok. Some have tried kess and bricked their ecu as it was only partial read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by motor25 View Post
    No , its not the same ECU . Its a Opel Corsa 1.0 2005 my car . I didnt find the exactly same code of the ECU , and i buy a compatible ECU for this car without AC . Like i said , i buy the ECU from a second hand seller , with the FVDI i obtain the PIN from the new one ECU , and after i reprogram with OPCOM the new ECU . I think the same procedure it will function on your ECU model .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by galati1969 View Post
    No , its not the same ECU . Its a Opel Corsa 1.0 2005 my car . I didnt find the exactly same code of the ECU , and i buy a compatible ECU for this car without AC . Like i said , i buy the ECU from a second hand seller , with the FVDI i obtain the PIN from the new one ECU , and after i reprogram with OPCOM the new ECU . I think the same procedure it will function on your ECU model .
    Just for curiosity... what ecu type was yours? Fvdi can get at most edc16c9/39 carpass, not acdelco... It a kinda smells fishy here...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to volodin69 For This Useful Post:

miroopel (19th August, 2021)