Register
    Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default OPEL ASTRA H BRAKING LIGHTS PROBLEM

HI FOLKS

the astra h 2005 gtc braking lights not working , it seemes that the left side having less voltage on all backlights pads its ""1.25volts braking pedal not pressed"and raises up to 7 volts while pressed , the right side has almost the same values , hazard lights turning signal all fine with a noticeable weakness in the lights on the left side .

when i turn the headlights on , the hazard and the tail lights acting strangely they are alternating , and i get a message on the screen says : BRAKE LIGHTS or something like that , the third braking light is working but while the head lights switched on it starts to fluctuate .

i read the Rear electrical Center i got two codes "" B3445-00 and the B3878-00"" i reset them they go away until i switch the head lights on .

i scratched the chassis nearby the taillight from inside and i attached an extra Mass"" negative "" cable with no luck .

i also measured the voltage on the pins of the REC the braking lights voltage is present but i think its low, so the REC not getting or giving enough voltage at the left rear side . "" i think""

please help i changed the bulps the y are all 21W single pole , cleaned the pads also no luck .

if its the Rear Electrical Center unit is defect and i need to replace it , is it plug and play ,or i need to reprogram it and which is the best tool to do that is it the opcom ?? do i need to get the pin code from the old one as well or the pin code of the new one is enough ?? .

When i remove all bulps from the tail light the left side , and turn the the head lights on "for extra voltage consumption " i dont get the fault code back , but when i place them back i get the error message again on the Screen and on the Diagnostic tool .

its crazy .. please help

kind Regards
    Last edited by constantinexx; 26th May, 2020 at 03:22 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Rec is not plug and play,you can program a replacement with opcom but you will need 2 pincodes,its just as easy to open rec and swap eeprom from old to new,95320 or 95640 I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

ok thanks for your help