Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BMW F10 N53 Tune problem

This week I did a couple of attempts on changing the tune of my BMW F10 N53 523i to the tune of the 528i which has an identical motor except for the 3-stage inlet manifold, motor DME is a MSD87.1.
    Based on a Damos and original 528i file I transferred all the maps that I think are relevant, of course not including the 3-stage manifold maps.

Checksum is corrected by the TGflash software that I use to read and write to the DME so this should be ok, I also checked this with TGflash and it seems to be fine on my files.

But after installing the DME the car does not start, and I get the following errors in BMW Insta when I check:
    - 1B5102 Terminal 15_3, line from CAS, electrical : Short circuit to ground
    - 1F2802 DME, Software: Data invalid

After writing the original read back to the ECU the car start without error’s, I also checked the voltage on Terminal 15_3 and it is present so the issue seems related to the ECU detecting manipulation.
    I also tried disabling the rom check in the DME but this does not seem to work, but I think that I’m doing something wrong here.

Included in the rar file below the Winols project with original version and modded version including the maps I transferred.
    Hope somebody can give me a hint how to fix this, many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to change the powerclass byte (it will be 02) to match your car (01). Where did you get your map definitions?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

.I'm glad it didn't work.could damage the engine.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,234 Posts

Do the tune right and there is no need of transfering maps or problems with power class