Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Are you an Entrepreneur or an Employee?

And what's your future plans according your career ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The place where I work had a visit from revenue and workers welfare this year to inspect for breaches of workers rights. The first person they interviewed was myself. They asked about pay and conditions for all who worked there and found all was good except for one person...me. They asked what hours I work in the week and I said between sixty and eighty. They asked why I get paid well some weeks and then other weeks I get nothing. They asked if I get regular breaks and holidays and I said no. They asked what do I do and I said anything that needs doing. At this stage they were alarmed and started to ask if I knew my employment rights. I said I did and I didn't have an issue with long irregular hours, no fixed income, no clear job description and little or no breaks or holidays. They were appalled and said they were going to investigate further. They then asked for me to direct them to the owner of the business at which point I said 'you're speaking to him' ��������
    Last edited by darrenhyland; 22nd December, 2020 at 09:09 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darrenhyland For This Useful Post:

ecufix (2nd January, 2021)