Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Add key Mitsubishi Outlander Phev

I’ve been trying to add an aftermarket prox key to a 2014 phev. Tried with G-Scan tab and pin 8A42 which I have listed for “Outlander prox” key.

Does anyone know for sure whether PHEV model uses 8A42 pincode and what tools have you used to do this job before. I also have Lonsdor and Fvdi 2018 amongst several other tools which may do it. Never used fvdi on Mitsi. Any good? G-scab did show error message similar to “check conditions of car”, so it may also be that i had key in the slot at the wrong time or wrong orientation (is this critical?). I started with Original key in Slot, turned on dash and Tried to code that one in again first but couldn’t get far past password input stage.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Which tools have you successfully done add key on Phev?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

try 030F luke abrites does these with mn007 licence and protag programmer , there is precoding required so you need a tool that can precode the key prior to programming.

i dont think fvdi will cover it , abrites only released this coverage in january 2018 so a long time after fvdi cloned functions , though not sure if they have added further functions since this date .

on your kit id try lonsdor as it has an ariel to precode , gscan tab i suspect needs a precoded dealer key supplied to vin

smart pro claims to do these too
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 3rd June, 2020 at 12:21 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

8'ish months ago tried 2017/18 one and got no comms on AVDI. SmartPro didn't even cover year (was some time ago for me martin)

BTW heard G-Scan Tab isn't as good as the scan tools/tablets. Be interesting to get feedback on latest G-Scan 3
    Last edited by fred77; 3rd June, 2020 at 12:30 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

smart pro now does phev as well , only akl needs smart ariel and you can add a key without deleting it claims .

did one yesterday with slot , avdi coded it fine , but as with anything a fail is always just around the corner . dont see many of these but avdi has done ones ive had so far .

i have a gscan tab gathering dust in workshop , not touched it since getting gscan 2 which is much better