Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Chrysler c300 ecu swap edc16cp31

Hi guys, i need help with an edc16cp31 control unit of a chrysler c300 2006 3.0 diesel automatic gearbox .
    So let's start from the beginning, a month ago I removed fap and egr on this car. reading and writing from obd with kess 5.017 clone. everything went very well reading 5 min. and writing 2 min.

Today after about a month the customer called me to exclude a dtc always on the same car. I do the same procedure that I did initially (I select the chrysler c300 edc16cp31, I make the id and write the modified file). at 47% the writing crashes giving me an unknown error, the kess asked me if I wanted to do the recovery.

I selected to do the recovery. in 2 min he finished the recovery process with a positive result, but the car does not start, since I turned the ignition on I saw that the immo LED was flashing ... then I saw that even the starter motor does not turn....

Then I tried again to write the original file that I had read at the beginning (a month ago), but nothing the car does not start, and does not even enter the diagnosis, it seems that it remained like in boot mode, then I tried to write it also with the galletto, mpps, and with the flex, but always with a negative result.

Now looking online i found a full backup of the control unit. I wrote it with the new backup and the control unit came back alive an i can diagnose it again ... now is there any possibility to write the control unit on the car? . or is there any possibility to reconstruct my file, or to virginize the full backup that I found? . i will pay for help.

Thank you
    Here i uploaded full backup that i found online (the working one) >> maybe anyone can virginize it << ....
    The full backup of my ecu readed with flex (this one was readed after the ecu get killed ...) >> f**ed dumps <<
    And the original file that i read by obd the first time >> the only thing that is good ... i think <<
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Write orig back and leave igniton ON for 1 hour...and try to start engine ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi mate , already tried .... i disconnected the battery too for one hour , but nothing ... the ecu is corrupted ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you have star diganoses to adapt the ecu to the car after virginize you can use the ful backup you have found. I am sure someone here can do the file virginization i might help you but i never did it lets wait if someone else help you. I strongly recomend you to use the same tool used for the reading and use bdm to do it. I bealive your problem its related with the roling codes. The valid file is the last file that car starts and you dont have this file, so only chance is virgunize and adpat. Good luck. And if you diced go to bdm the bdm bem very careful Open this unit is quite sensitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi mate, the ecu was read initially trough obd with kess, and after I read with flex mms trough gpt signals . I didn't opened the ecu at all because flex can r/w trough ecu pins . And the last thing this is Chrysler not Mb . U cannot virginise and adapt with star (already tried this thing too) because this car have skim module not ezs/elv .... I'm really f****d

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

with j box
    write vin into ecu matching skim and should
    reset skim skreem rolling code .just a thought