Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question PSA EDC16C34 - Peugeot 307SW 1.6HDi 110 - Need help with my dump

Greetings from Portugal guys,
    Joined the forum before started repairing my mum's peugeot 307sw and I've been learning so much. Thank you all for that! Well, let me tell my story with this ECU (if you want TLDR move to end of the post ):

Coincidence or not, in the same day the quarantine period in Portugal started, my mother's Peugeot 307SW died! It all started with a Camshaft sensor error (P0344). We tried other cars sensor and the problem persisted, so we moved to the throttle sensor (near the timing belt). After that, we tried to clean the error codes and the problem persisted.
    After that, we started noticing some sort of short circuit errors in the ECU. The ECU started buzzing and the started stopped working. Connected the PP2000 to the car to check the errors and it said it could not read the ECU. Also it showed the BSI and ECU did not match and the engine was with immobiliser on. I've remember to check the PIN code of my car and it said it does not match with the code stored in the BSI. Although the car was bought in 2nd hand, it was strange... We opened the ECU and noticed it was fried in the top right corner!
    It was difficult to find someone in my zone that could repair an ECU and I knew it was expensive also. So I've started to search and learn the procedure to clone in this forum. I decided to order a same model ECU and a BDM100 to clone the flash and eeprom. But when the BDM100 everything went nuts... The clone I bought was not ok, did not have the right firmware, I tried to update it and started working after some tries. However, the BDM100 could read but could not write in the new ECU. Dunno why. My hope started to vanish as long as I started to waste more money in this. I decided to buy a Galleto V54, which I should have done in the first place, but the BDM was cheaper!

Today the Galletto arrived and I successfully cloned my fried ECU to the new ECU. With the new ECU, I've cleaned all the errors via PP2000 and checked the Immobiliser params, that were off and matched with the BSI. However, I tried again to check my PIN code and the same error: "the pin code does not match with the store in the BSI". After that, tried to start the car and it didn't start... - although the starter this time works, it looks like the car does not send fuel to the engine. And I got no errors shown in the PP2000!

It's been a long 3 months!

TLDR:
    I could not start my car after the clone. I've checked the dump I made when I cloned the fried ECU to the new ECU with the Immo Off + PIN Code calculator that I found in this forum for Bosch EDC16C34 model - thank you all again - and it shows a different pin code than the one I have in my Peugeot card! Is this normal? Maybe the app I've used is not ok for my ECU? Could you please check my dump? Should I try to immo Off my dump or viginise my ECU?

Car: Peugeot 307SW 1.6HDI 110bhp CAN version
    ECU: Bosch EDC16C34 (M58BW memory chip)
    Peugeot ECU Part: 9658944580 - 0281011629 - 9653958980
    PIN code from my card: 3GCU
    PIN code from dump: 2USC

Flash + EEPROM in attachment

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by filipedbc; 5th June, 2020 at 01:29 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by filipedbc View Post
    Greetings from Portugal guys,
    Joined the forum before started repairing my mum's peugeot 307sw and I've been learning so much. Thank you all for that! Well, let me tell my story with this ECU (if you want TLDR move to end of the post ):

Coincidence or not, in the same day the quarantine period in Portugal started, my mother's Peugeot 307SW died! It all started with a Camshaft sensor error (P0344). We tried other cars sensor and the problem persisted, so we moved to the throttle sensor (near the timing belt). After that, we tried to clean the error codes and the problem persisted.
    After that, we started noticing some sort of short circuit errors in the ECU. The ECU started buzzing and the started stopped working. Connected the PP2000 to the car to check the errors and it said it could not read the ECU. Also it showed the BSI and ECU did not match and the engine was with immobiliser on. I've remember to check the PIN code of my car and it said it does not match with the code stored in the BSI. Although the car was bought in 2nd hand, it was strange... We opened the ECU and noticed it was fried in the top right corner!
    It was difficult to find someone in my zone that could repair an ECU and I knew it was expensive also. So I've started to search and learn the procedure to clone in this forum. I decided to order a same model ECU and a BDM100 to clone the flash and eeprom. But when the BDM100 everything went nuts... The clone I bought was not ok, did not have the right firmware, I tried to update it and started working after some tries. However, the BDM100 could read but could not write in the new ECU. Dunno why. My hope started to vanish as long as I started to waste more money in this. I decided to buy a Galleto V54, which I should have done in the first place, but the BDM was cheaper!

Today the Galletto arrived and I successfully cloned my fried ECU to the new ECU. With the new ECU, I've cleaned all the errors via PP2000 and checked the Immobiliser params, that were off and matched with the BSI. However, I tried again to check my PIN code and the same error: "the pin code does not match with the store in the BSI". After that, tried to start the car and it didn't start... - although the starter this time works, it looks like the car does not send fuel to the engine. And I got no errors shown in the PP2000!

It's been a long 3 months!

TLDR:
    I could not start my car after the clone. I've checked the dump I made when I cloned the fried ECU to the new ECU with the Immo Off + PIN Code calculator that I found in this forum for Bosch EDC16C34 model - thank you all again - and it shows a different pin code than the one I have in my Peugeot card! Is this normal? Maybe the app I've used is not ok for my ECU? Could you please check my dump? Should I try to immo Off my dump or viginise my ECU?

Car: Peugeot 307SW 1.6HDI 110bhp CAN version
    ECU: Bosch EDC16C34 (M58BW memory chip)
    Peugeot ECU Part: 9658944580 - 0281011629 - 9653958980
    PIN code from my card: 3GCU
    PIN code from dump: 2USC

Flash + EEPROM in attachment

Thank you
    For me the 2USC pin matches your ecu file. Try with pp2000 if bsi accept that pin code. If both match and remote from key working, then pin is correct and pass card pin is wrong.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to morgano For This Useful Post:

filipedbc (5th June, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by morgano View Post
    For me the 2USC pin matches your ecu file. Try with pp2000 if bsi accept that pin code. If both match and remote from key working, then pin is correct and pass card pin is wrong.
    And, in you opinion, is this normal? Because I'm worried that this car had the ECU + BSI replaced and the KMs were cheat... We bought the car in 2nd hand!

Kind Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey, I think something is wrong with my ECU. When I go to PP200 it says the ECU and BSI match, however, the when I go to the ECU parameters, it says "Engine control unit locked: YES". How can I solve that? Checked the 2USC code with the BSI and they match.

I'm starting to go nuts with this car!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

Tomorrow i will upload immo off eeprom for you to test uf car start. Now on mobile lying in bed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to morgano For This Useful Post:

filipedbc (6th June, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Hy..i think your key chip it's not any more compatible with your system(this is why ECU is Locked ) ..try to find someone to reprog a new chip on your ingniton keys ..and i think it will work ..i was getting in this truble before..it's just my ideea ..
    B.R

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz75 For This Useful Post:

filipedbc (6th June, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Or you can try my immo off file if you want ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz75 For This Useful Post:

filipedbc (7th June, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tomorrow i will upload immo off eeprom for you to test uf car start. Now on mobile lying in bed
    ahah. I appreciate so much. Hope that fix!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz75 View Post
    Hy..i think your key chip it's not any more compatible with your system(this is why ECU is Locked ) ..try to find someone to reprog a new chip on your ingniton keys ..and i think it will work ..i was getting in this truble before..it's just my ideea ..
    B.R
    The car does not let me code new keys via PP2000. Says something like "key programming failed"... When I put the key and turn on the ignition, the car does a loud "bamp", not the little "plim". Are these normal symptoms of key fobs not being recognized?

Thank you all for helping me.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Yes you can't..because you need new blank one's ..it's not reprogramable chips ...that's why you can not reprogram them

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

If keys were previously coded with other pin (the one in the passcard???) then they are not reusable.

That is why i asked you if the remote fob was working to open and close the car.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Yes remote fob it's working ..it's working i think..it was worked for me..i just got error ECU Locked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tazz75 View Post
    Or you can try my immo off file if you want ...
    Thank you, I will try tomorrow

If keys were previously coded with other pin (the one in the passcard???) then they are not reusable.

That is why i asked you if the remote fob was working to open and close the car.
    Now the key fob is not working. But they were working before the ECU got locked. I don't know when, because it is been 3 months of trying things and all began with a camshaft sensor. I don't klnow if the key fob don't close because of the things we tried, or because the battery is low, or because the ECU got locked. baaah this is driving me crazy!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

On psa cars the key fob is paired to its original transponder and locked by its original car pin code.

If the ecu and the bsi have same pin code of the fobs you can relearn/sync them again to the car.

If someone changed ecu and bsi from another set even them two are sync the fobs will not work. Even you put new transponders in key’s remotes will not work that easy. With new transponders you may start the car but remotes will not work.

Without knowing exactly what have being done to the car since day 1 it stopped working is quite difficult guess real situation of it.

The fact the pass card and the ecu pins doesn’t match make it even more strange.

Are the fobs locked to bsi using that passcard pin instead the actual pin? Then now will never work. If this is the case i would think of changing ecu pin to the passcard one, virgin bsi and relearn bsi and keys to car.

Like i said without knowing real scenario with all its variables this is like playing lotto.

I would try now immo off and forget about fobs to, at least, get the car started.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to morgano For This Useful Post:

filipedbc (7th June, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So guys, I've been rewinding these last 3 months and let me tell you the full story.

The car started randomly loosing power when running, like limited to 1500rpm. That problem came and go away like 2 or 3 times. After some weeks, my mum said that the car's computer showed some warning abou anti theft system... Weeks after normal used, we moved the car from the parking lot to the garage and the car did not started after that. We checked the engine with PP2000 and it showed errors about "Camshaft position sensor". After seeing some people with same problem, we replaced this sensor. Car did not start either and showed a engine position sensor error in PP200 (I think is the rpm sensor). We also replaced that sensor, cleared errors and car did not start. That's when I started to read what could went wrong with my ECU. We checked the cables, lights and fuses and everything was OK. Don't know why, but the ECU stopped communicating in the PP2000 and when we try to start the car, we got no crank! That's when I went to PP2000 to check the BSI and it said ecu was locked. Tried to reset BSI and check PIN Codes and the 3GCU code did not work. This is when we started to think that the ECU fried... However, I remember that the remote control worked and the car locked and unlocked. To check if the ECU fried, we tried with a ECU of the same model from other working Peugeot 307, just to see if the car crank. The car obviously did not start because of the codes, but it cranked! This is when we believed the ECU fried. So we ordered new ECU, same model and manufacturing date and cloned it. From that, you all know the story that I told in the 1st post

So, I tried the immo off like you said and the ECU continued to be locked... I remembered that last time I tested my fried ECU, the BSI also said it was locked, so I tried one thing: let's put the donor's ECU flash (that came in it) and try with my eeprom, and yey, I got my ECU unlocked when I check the BSI. But sadly, the car did not start. And the same noises again. Also, I forgot to mention in the first place that I can hear a buzzing coming off the zone of the camshaft position sensor. If I unplug this sensor, the noise persists, so It does not came from this sensor.

I made a video of current status of the whole thing: https://youtu.be/wIUTljQBDKM

What do you think?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,229 Posts

Video it's Private and can't be viwed...like i see in your story i think you have problem with crankshaft sensor..and not with camshaft sensor..car start without camshaft sensor ..but not start without crankshaft..recheck all errors ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast