Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,036 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droidwayne65 View Post
    LOL! If it is a W204 EIS, there is a plug and play emulator I've used several times. Abrites sells one that they say needs to be programmed after setting switches. Funny thing is I've never had to do any programming after setting the switches.
    I never saw plug and play for W204

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

I did one today ... steering lock was faulty .. try and bang on steering lock housing while removing and inserting key .. hopefully you can get it to unlock to make your life easier if you are going to replace esl because if it is in locked position your going to be there for a very long time trying to remove damaged esl.... I banged on it and got it to unlock then immediately disconnected battery so it wont lock again ... remove the four torx bolts and the bolt for u joint that hold steering column drop it down to give you enough space to reach where esl is remove 1/2inch nut and push in bolt to remove esl.. took me about 1hour total including programming. good luck

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alex_r_2001 For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (17th June, 2020), Weasel3 (18th June, 2020)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,777 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alex_r_2001 View Post
    remove 1/2inch nut and push in bolt to remove esl
    Car is metric correct term would be “M8” using a “13 MM” spanner

can you tell more about the cost of unit (dealer) and more about the programming?

thanks

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

It is unlocked there is no issue there. But even an un-programmed key will turn the ignition. Nothing light up at all on the dash even though it is unlocked.

I appreciate all the assistance but I have not heard back from the owner about the vehicle.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Those locks from my experience all turn with any key... I have one in front of my now power up with no steering lock attached and un programmed key and it turn.... it only power terminals when key and steering lock are in working order.

This is only if no communication present with eis
    ��������
    Also if you have a scanner that can see live data go into das authorization menu and you can see if everything is syncing ... if car does not have communication then your problem is a communication problem... even with ignition off you should still have communication with gateway ,ecm ,eis and many other modules. If communication is indeed your problem pull rugs back on right and left hand floor (passenger and driver side foot rugs area)
    and find the star connectors and with your scanner connected pull one 2 pin connector of at a time eveytime checking for communication... if no change put it back then on to the next one eventually once you pull connector that is shorting data lines you should have communication and car should start...

If your comfortable with a multi meter you can just pull one connector at a time and check voltages of can lines should be 2.5 and 2.6 voltage present on connector if should find one with an odd voltage like zero volts or something like 4 volt you have found your culprit.... don't mix up connector locations because after you found problem connector you can look up communication wiring diagrams and labeled are star connector location and problem connector equals problematic module... have fun good luck
    Last edited by alex_r_2001; 18th June, 2020 at 06:22 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_r_2001 For This Useful Post:

droidwayne65 (19th June, 2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12