Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default BSI PEUGEOT 206 VIN and DAM - Motorola 0D60J (BSI Siemens 9626460880)

Hello guys

1st of all I have to apologize for my bad old school english, i hope you understand my questions ;-)

I'm new on this board. I read that a lot of people have experiences with EEPROMs, really amazing here!

I got a little problem with the VIN and the DAM number of an older Peugeot 206 from about 2000. The car had a problem, so I had to change the MCU and the BSI (and all locks). Unfortunately I don't know the VIN and the DAM of these two units. Therefore I can't get any further with the PeugeotPlanetSoftware.

The BSI is a Siemens 9626460880 which includes this special chip:
    Motorola ZC505911CFN S105364007B 0D60J QQER0007

I read that this seems to be a secured 68HC05b16 chip that possibly can be read out by the XPROG tool. Maybe I'd like to buy it. But before I'll do that I wanted to ask you if you really know that it will be possible to read the VIN and the DAM from that dump.

And additionally: is it possible to get that infos without desoldering the chip? I read about an adapter which can be put on the chip while it is in circuit?! (you just have to lift of some special pins)

What do you think? Is it possible to get the VIN and the DAM if I buy that XPROG tool and connect it to a 16bit Windows machine (no other equipment needed)?
    Is this the right chip to get those information? (b.t.w. definately there is NO 95160 chip - that would have been too easy in my case;-))

What do you think? Is it possible to read out these codes?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Buy used bsi, replace motorola mcu and everything will be ok. No need vin, dam etc. And you're wrong about 95160. If your bsi was with 95160 you would have problems to make it work.
    Last edited by drz; 8th July, 2020 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I placed my question in the wrong board. It's not really a question about immo.

In the beginning the car had a big problem with both of the control units: BSI (Siemens 9626460880) and that one under the engine hood (BOSCH MP7.3). I bought a combined set of used control units with the locks, some keys and so on. Then I replaced the control units, the locks in the doors and that one in the fuel cap, the transponders in the keys.
    The seller of the set delivered three(!) normal keys with transponders - there was no remote key! Before that we had 1 normal key and 1 remote key (with one knob).

After this repair action everything went fine - the egine started and all of these blinking lights in the cockpit were off. Great!! Unfortunately and that's the only thing what bothers me is that the remote key won't work.

So that's the reason I do need to know the VIN and the DAM of those units. I do not really want to change anything on the units. The system is working and the result ist ok. But i'd really want to know how I can solve the problem with that not working remote key. Without VIN and/or DAM I can't see what's going on in PeugeotPlanet when I press the button of the remote key.

As you can see I really need to know how to get the VIN and DAM. If the VIN is stored in that Motorola 0D60J chip I would give it a try and order the XPROG M tool.

I just wanted to know if the VIN (and maybe the DAM) is stored in that chip.

I think we are in common that there must be a place where this code is stored, right? But where it is??? Can you help me?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The easiest thing you can do is to install an aftermarket remote central lock amd you will have 2 remotes. I don't know why you think that you can do something with vin and dam.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

Or buy virgin remote and code to the car.

Old remote is tied to old bsi by its PIN, so you cannot reuse it on different bsi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a long discussion at this place: peugeotboard.de.

One of the members made a video to show me what happens in PP2000 with a correct connected and a not connected remote: youtube_p4zOHSpEtCg

I don't see these special functions in PP2000 as shown in the vid. We came to the conclusion that if I do not enter the right VIN and DAM I won't see these functions. It really seems that I can't do anything in that program except of checking some units for health - no special coding functions.

So my intention was, that I'd be able to see what's the problem with the remote connection, if I enter the right VIN and DAM code.

Even if I would buy a virgin remote, I need the PIN to code it. To get the PIN I need the VIN, right? It seems for me that I need the VIN in any case to find a solution for this problem.

Would it be possible to tell the actual BSI to listen to the old PIN of the key? Could this be a solution? Where is this PIN stored? Is it stored in the big Motorola chip or a smaller one which I possibly can desolder and replace through the old one?
    Last edited by Stullenbob; 10th July, 2020 at 02:04 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

To make your story short to read..

First of all is about to forget what's on the video, that car is one version newer than yours with newer remote key.

Secondly, forget the matter of finding VIN and DAM. You will need only the PIN code of your NEW set if you want to go on with them. If you want to proceed by yourself, when you get the programmer like Xprog, UPA I'll send you the photo of how to without removing the chip.

With the PIN code of the new set now you're about ready to program your OLD remote to this set. This remote (with original PCF7931/7935) is REUSABLE on any same car! You can follow step by step on PP2000.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    To make your story short to read..

First of all is about to forget what's on the video, that car is one version newer than yours with newer remote key.

Secondly, forget the matter of finding VIN and DAM. You will need only the PIN code of your NEW set if you want to go on with them. If you want to proceed by yourself, when you get the programmer like Xprog, UPA I'll send you the photo of how to without removing the chip.

With the PIN code of the new set now you're about ready to program your OLD remote to this set. This remote (with original PCF7931/7935) is REUSABLE on any same car! You can follow step by step on PP2000.
    you just announced a miracle sir
    Reality of life :
    1:Never argue with an idiot, he will pull you down to his level and overcome you with experience
    2:Envy is the confession of inferiority
    3:Everyone lies
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    How much trash you leave behind so much trash someone will have to read or maybe you yourself
    If you like reading garbage, don't slow down, just speed it up

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiszka View Post
    you just announced a miracle sir
    Nothing miracle , some locksmiths/ Peugeot guys have been aware that those remotes of ID45 for this model and more will come to live on new cars as long as the transponders are original. And a hint to read/write this BSI in circuit is that there are two overloaded tracks to programmer, lift the easy pins at far end and not the PLCC pins !

@Stullenbob, on PP2000 to your car, enter a DAM between 8200 and 8600 any will be fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zmann For This Useful Post:

p1et (10th July, 2020)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
    Nothing miracle , some locksmiths/ Peugeot guys have been aware that those remotes of ID45 for this model and more will come to live on new cars as long as the transponders are original. And a hint to read/write this BSI in circuit is that there are two overloaded tracks to programmer, lift the easy pins at far end and not the PLCC pins !

@Stullenbob, on PP2000 to your car, enter a DAM between 8200 and 8600 any will be fine.
    I didn't mean this news
    Reality of life :
    1:Never argue with an idiot, he will pull you down to his level and overcome you with experience
    2:Envy is the confession of inferiority
    3:Everyone lies
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    How much trash you leave behind so much trash someone will have to read or maybe you yourself
    If you like reading garbage, don't slow down, just speed it up

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I will repeat - buy and install an aftermarket remote door lock, you will have 2 remotes, cheap enough. Don't bother with VIN, DAM, youtube videos, reading motorola ... It is obvious that you're not in this business, so any other advice for reading mcu, coding old/new keyfob... doesn't make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, you are right, car programming is not my daily business. But I'm interested in technical things and like to learn. My daily business has to do something with computers, so I'm not totally lost in space;-)

It doesn't matter if it takes more or less time to find a solution. I know that this car is really old and not worth to spend so much time on it. It's the car of my wife and she really likes it. So it would be like a present, if I can manage to reactivate the remote again.

Of course I prefer to reactivate the existing remote. It doesn't matter if it takes a little effort - as long as it's technically possible.

An aftermarket remote door lock would be ok and I really think about this solution if nothing else works. @drz can you give me a hint where I can find suitable solutions for this car, maybe just established manufacturers of those technical sector?

Mmmmh, I realized that you are not in common if it's possible to reconnect old transponders to other control unit sets. Or did I understood something betweeen the lines wrong?
    It doesn't matter.. I received three new keys from the seller and I replaced the transponders from the new to the old key chassis. Everything is fine, the immo is lucky. The transponders belong to the control units (like before) - only the remote function doesn't work.

What do you think: is it possible to reconnect the remote under these circumstances or is it a miracle?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stullenbob; 11th July, 2020 at 01:44 AM.