Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Renault trafic 3, 2018 immo active after crash and SRS unit replaced. Need help.

Get Renault traffic III, 2018 towed to me from other workshop. Car was involved in crash and SRS unit was replaced with second hand one. Car was running for few days, then battery was disconnected and now immobiliser active with trouble code DF280 - DONGLE is present. Live data show that: Immobiliser - active, Key blank - NO, key communicate - Yes, Key recognised - Yes, Key programmed - Yes, Dongle - faulty. Look like key and key areal ok. key is programmed to the car. What is "DONGLE" ? I don't familiar with Renault immo system, so need help to be kicked in right direction. Thanks in advance.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If you still have original Airbag Sensor clear crash and put it to the car...( if it only this one element you replaced)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I don't replace anything yet. All work was done in other workshop and now they ask me to fix it because they run out of ideas. I will ask them if they still have original SRS unit. If not, what is my options? Where I can read more about Trafic immo system and what this "DONGLE" is referred to?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

hello,DONGLE is an element in the security chain of inmobilizer,is present in all modules (uch ,injection,airbag,electronic steering etc) an electronic key in other words ,what is relationed on software and hardware too..
    there are three states of dongle (ET664): not asigned,asigned or faulty
    not asigned: try to start the engine,if code 956804 is present (df280) replace the uch for new one (requires programation )
    asigned: replace the airbag unit for new one ( requires online automatic configuration and vin coding)
    faulty :consult the dtc´s from airbag/pretensioners (have dtc´s? try to solve this problems -no dtc´s? then replace the airbag unit for new one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

hello,DONGLE is an element in the security chain of inmobilizer,is present in all modules (uch ,injection,airbag,electronic steering etc) an electronic key in other words ,what is relationed on software and hardware too..
    there are three states of dongle (ET664): not asigned,asigned or faulty
    not asigned: try to start the engine,if code 956804 is present (df280) replace the uch for new one (requires programation )
    asigned: replace the airbag unit for new one ( requires online automatic configuration and vin coding)
    faulty :consult the dtc´s from airbag/pretensioners (have dtc´s? try to solve this problems -no dtc´s? then replace the airbag unit for new one
    if the engine does not start in some cases ,to restore operational the injection system,is necesary to clear dtc (on injection )..even if there are no present or stored code faults