Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

Default New key shop in Yorkshire selling cheap keys.

Any one bought keys from accessfobs based in Yorkshire looks very cheap are they Chinese copy, any one bought and tested for quality?.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

if not genuine as stated in some of their adds
    will get hammered same as 3d did

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whiskeyman For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (2nd August, 2020)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

I thought so any one got some reviews...
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

looks like just another reseller of china sourced keys , plenty of them online to choose from , plus plenty in china to choose from .

3d got hammered for listing keys as genuine with logo on them that were not in original manufacturer packaging , trading standards deemed anything with a logo on that wasnt in original manufacturer packaging to be counterfeit , despite not being the case. if supplying these with logo attached and claiming genuine but not in original manufacturer packaging then its what 3d got hit with.

trading standards had no interest in oem without logo , oem in original packaging and no interest in aftermarket , just anything that had logo attached and listed as genuine that was not in original manufacturer packaging.

seems a tad unfair that a mainstream wholesaler gets hammered yet online resellers get a free reign to undercut them.

the only issue i have with such sites is that they advertise prices to all and sundry , ie the public , who buy and want you to cut and code it for buttons as they have a new key.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 3rd August, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts

If I buy a Ford key from eurocarparts how much then?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

I personally only cut and program keys supplied by us or supplied to vin from the main dealer and supported by their main dealer reciept . i dont cut and program any other 3rd party keys .

people wouldnt take a frozen burger and bun to macdonalds and ask them to cook it , or take some brake pads you bought off ebay to a garage and ask them to fit them for you .

plenty will happily cut and program a 3rd party key for a pack of wine gums , i choose not to.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 3rd August, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

armpower (3rd August, 2020), gokart (3rd August, 2020), nenadgorgi (3rd August, 2020), rm23 (3rd August, 2020), u.s (3rd August, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I agree with Rapidlocksmiths.
    There are plenty of cheap key resellers.People buy the keys online form the same chinese resellers that locksmiths and garage usually bought from (and often at the same price).
    By the way without a correct tool, people can't program and cut the bargain key.
    Personally I don't program and cut keys supplied from customer.I cut and program only key supplied by me and cut key for some dealers.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Here's what I tell them:-

"Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't program a key that I don't supply.

It doesn't work for either of us. I've no control over the key that you buy. I don't know the quality or the source and I don't know if the remote frequency is correct or if the transponder chip is the correct type.

If something goes wrong, I'll invariably blame the key and you'll invariably blame me for not programming your key properly. Your car may not start and I won't get paid. As I said it doesn't work for either of us.

A key I supply is guaranteed to work, and demonstrated to work, before you pay. If anything goes wrong, I fix it, before you pay. A faulty key is my responsibility and both the work and the key I supply are guaranteed.

If you supplied the key, I couldn't guarantee it or the programming.

What I can do, is, if you buy a key from me, I'll check yours as best as I can, and if it looks OK, I'll program it free if charge, but with no guarantees, when I'm doing the other one.

To be honest, I doubt if you'll get anyone to program a key supplied by you."
    Last edited by PixelsFixed; 4th August, 2020 at 04:01 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PixelsFixed For This Useful Post:

u.s (4th August, 2020)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,942 Posts

Me in the same situation, i don't want to lose my time to try programming customer's keys.

In rarely case, if they still ask for, i ask for the price almost if key from me. Also if their keys don't work or didn't work correctly, that not my fault.

And last thing, they need to pay at once and not when i finish.

Counterfeit key is a big problem in my country. Last month, 2000$ Custom penality because counterfeit keys.
    Last edited by lion0304; 5th August, 2020 at 07:13 AM.
    Be polite. No Thanks + Rep, no HELP!!! Slava Ukcraine. Dead Putler civilians's killers!!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post
    I personally only cut and program keys supplied by us or supplied to vin from the main dealer and supported by their main dealer reciept . i dont cut and program any other 3rd party keys .

people wouldnt take a frozen burger and bun to macdonalds and ask them to cook it , or take some brake pads you bought off ebay to a garage and ask them to fit them for you .

plenty will happily cut and program a 3rd party key for a pack of wine gums , i choose not to.

True Martin,

Tho garages do get asked all the time if they can supply brake pads - crazy. Mc Donnalds tho not heard that one
    And likewise a garage owner asked me to code old Vito key off ebay - after i helped him out on another job.

No appreciation recon some disrespect our trade. Maybe cos prices are falling? Too many of us
    And recon cheap prices off ebay.

For sure people can be a-holes.
    Last edited by fred77; 5th August, 2020 at 11:05 PM.
    Solidarity with Ukraine

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts

These guys were good tho mostly out of stock now
    https://keyclick.co.uk/

Super Jumby -
    Another key store - sure will last couple of years. It's probably some computer guy with database web skills. Failed as locksmith to sell locally so spent time at home creating website. He'll still put on 20% plus another 20% VAT
    Solidarity with Ukraine

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

the keys that i do trust and use from china , i buy direct in bulk to get the best price but i also get full invoice value invoices , its only a matter of time before hmrc crack on that someone is putting £2000 through their books for stock and only paying duty on $200 , especially in this new digital age , many make it easy for them by claiming full value of their purchases in books and showing duty payments of far too little, after what they have spent on this pandemic they will be looking to get as much in as they can , it wouldnt surprise me if they purge china imports in the near future .

i know the vehicle manufacturers are pushing for action on counterfeit keys , and i know of at least one uk distributor who reports those selling counterfeit keys from china , the distributors feeling the pinch too and looking to get some trade back from the resellers.

i could join the jumble sale and the race to the bottom , but again choose not to , if others are happy working for buttons and happy to cut 3rd party keys then crack on but dont moan at not being able to afford new tech and stock later down the line , i havnt the investment i have in tools , kit and stock to use it on cheap jobs for cheapskates.

each to their own , but id sooner retire early than take on such jobs.

i believe hes a trading locksmith who also sells on facebook groups and on ebay , must be doing ok at it to be happy killing his locksmith rates.