Need Help Deciding Which Programmer/Software to Use For Airbag Modules
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Question Need Help Deciding Which Programmer/Software to Use For Airbag Modules

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the Airbag forum but didn't have any luck with any replies. Basically, I'm wanting to get into clearing crash data from airbag modules and just need to know what the best programmer and software is out there today that has the best compatibility across most makes and models. I have read some about Carprog and Ultraprog mostly but can't find many other options out there.

I'd like to get some answers on the following if possible:

1. Are there any programmers out there that can connect via OBD2 to clear airbag crash data so you don't have to remove the airbag module from the car?

2. If there aren't any good OBD2 options, what is the best all around programmer available for purchase?

3. Do the popular software like Carprog, Ultraprog, etc. have the ability to clear crash data without having to find virgin dumps from other modules first?

Thanks in advance!
    ---:..Gratitude is the best attitude..:---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What did you end up getting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paixfrawg View Post
    What did you end up getting
    Nothing for the airbags yet. I decided to start out with the Kess V2 for ECU focused services first. Carprog seems to be one of the most popular devices for airbag modules though but I'm worried that it won't be compatible with a lot of car models found in the US. Do you have any suggestions or were you trying to figure this out too? 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have a Carprog clone that’s reworked. I know someone out in Orange County that does airbag modules and he said to not even bother with original Carprog. He said cpt is better. He also has calkmasterX but he said most of the time it says it clears crash but it doesn’t... also airbag service tool is good to clear crash... honestly I’m thinking of getting ultraprog. From the sound of it it’s a good tool. I have cpt but not all activations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmm. Yep, and I really like how UltraProg has a downloadable spreadsheet documenting all compatible vehicles with limitations for each one. It's the only programming device I've been able to find with it so I feel a bit safer trying them out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaMirakle View Post
    Hmm. Yep, and I really like how UltraProg has a downloadable spreadsheet documenting all compatible vehicles with limitations for each one. It's the only programming device I've been able to find with it so I feel a bit safer trying them out.
    Yeah to me it looks like a good tool. At first it seemed confusing but I want to get it. I’m just having trouble downloading the demo and the Windows 32bit or 64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah to me it looks like a good tool. At first it seemed confusing but I want to get it. I’m just having trouble downloading the demo and the Windows 32bit or 64
    Good luck with that, bud! My Kess came in over the weekend but I haven't had time to test it out yet. Hopefully within the next couple of days though! I don't think they're meant to read directly from the airbag modules though, just the main ecu. About how much are those Ultraprogs anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah I believe that’s just for ecu. Not airbags. Full kit came out to $500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah I believe that’s just for ecu. Not airbags. Full kit came out to $500
    Nice. That's an original unit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaMirakle View Post
    Nice. That's an original unit?
    Yeah it is . Erwin has been super helpful. Answers anything you need help on. Won’t just try convincing you to buy it and stop replying after purchase.
    I hope it’s as good as I’ve seen people say on here. I’m confident it will be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

HI,

Thanks for all for positive feedback regardig ultraprog and spreadsheet.

Honesty users are not really share their feedback on the website tools etc, so wery glad to hear any feedback.

Please feel free to ask not only here, but in direct mail too.

And I can confirm, I will not gone after sale, I try to support you to gain profit, get back your investment, and use the tool.

I can't make 24/7 support anyway, but I do my best on all problems solving.

Best Regards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UltraProg For This Useful Post:

paixfrawg (14th September, 2020)