Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,460 Posts

Clone the transponder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I see you have experience with the SMOK JTAG device? I purchased one about a year ago. Trying to use it now on a 2002 Volvo V70 with the 28F400 style CEM. I get the good read out of the device, but when I load file into Tango or VVDI2 it says file unknown.... So I compared the data in VVDI Prog with a known working eeprom file from a another vehicle we did where we desoldered the chip and read out. It appears some of the data is flipped in the file. The question I have is, based on your experience with this device is that normal for the data to be flipped? And if so, what is the best way to correct this issue? We would like to resolve this as this is the least possible risk way to make keys for these vehicles. We contacted SMOK and explained this issue and sent the file we read out and they said the device was reading according to the manufactures specs...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Psl0cksm1th; 17th January, 2024 at 08:54 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psl0cksm1th View Post
    I see you have experience with the SMOK JTAG device? I purchased one about a year ago. Trying to use it now on a 2002 Volvo V70 with the 28F400 style CEM. I get the good read out of the device, but when I load file into Tango or VVDI2 it says file unknown.... So I compared the data in VVDI Prog with a known working eeprom file from a another vehicle we did where we desoldered the chip and read out. It appears some of the data is flipped in the file. The question I have is, based on your experience with this device is that normal for the data to be flipped? And if so, what is the best way to correct this issue? We would like to resolve this as this is the least possible risk way to make keys for these vehicles. We contacted SMOK and explained this issue and sent the file we read out and they said the device was reading according to the manufactures specs...

are you sure all data isn't fliped?

It's common issue 16-bit (2 bytes) just how data is formatted/displayed. the larger byte either comes 1st or last in groups of 2 bytes.

There may be option in smok if not do a google
    Solidarity with Ukraine

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fred77 For This Useful Post:

Psl0cksm1th (18th January, 2024)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fred77 View Post
    are you sure all data isn't fliped?

It's common issue 16-bit (2 bytes) just how data is formatted/displayed. the larger byte either comes 1st or last in groups of 2 bytes.

There may be option in smok if not do a google
    Thank you for the suggestion! There was an option in Multiprog SMOK to swap under edit tab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12